Bicyclist gets crushed by truck (Thailand)

It's very sad.

Looks like murder to me. Motorcycle guy took a dive and forced cyclist under the tyre. Why did he fall for no reason? Thats like football players taking dives. It's not like moped riders never ride close to each other.

Nasty.

But not a situation a good cyclist would bring himself into.

+1 cyclist (I am one) was riding foolishly and put himself into that situation. Shame though, hate to see reality like that.

Looks like murder to me. Motorcycle guy took a dive and forced cyclist under the tyre. Why did he fall for no reason?...

+1 cyclist (I am one) was riding foolishly and put himself into that situation....
Watched it a few times and it looks to me like the cyclist hit the motorcycle just before the motorcycle went down. Totally the cyclist's fault.

Ugh.
Reluctant to comment, but I see behaviour like this in London every day. Worse, to be honest. And I dread seeing an event like this.

Why did he fall for no reason?
I think the cyclist clipped the handlebar end, forcing its steering to the right, which makes a motorcycle fall left.

You can see the motorcyclist arm go down as the bicycle rider is along side. He has a white coloured sleeve. Looks like moped rider grabbed the leg and gives the bike guy an elbow.

Last edited:
You can see the motorcyclist arm go down as the bicycle rider is along side. He has a white coloured sleeve. Looks like moped rider grabbed the leg and gives the bike guy an elbow.
Could be, but it looks to me more like he was casually dropping his arm rather than going for the cyclist. Unfortunate timing if so.

...but it looks to me more like he was casually dropping his arm rather than going for the cyclist.....
Agree. The arm/hand came nowhere near the cyclist.

Watching it again for 50th time, I see him trying to give a strong elbow jab and falling over. He over anticipated the amount of force needed to shove a cyclist rather than a moped as he has done in the past, hence falling over himself.

I tend to think the worst in people o_O

Watch the right leg of the guy on the bike. I almost think his right foot and the pedal hit the foot peg or some solid part of the motorbike, causing the tip over.

I tend to think the worst in people

That is not a bad idea, that way you can only get posetive surprised when thats not the case.

I watched this a few times and it looks to me like the bicycle rider is a farang ( foreigner)

yes...unfortunately an everyday occurrence here although it is usually motorcycle riders who die. I came across a gruesome scene just a couple days ago. A crane truck with a motorcycle under the front wheels and 20 meters behind was what I thought was one body covered by a sheet. Turned out it was 2 young girls on their way to school.....both died.

flame me all you want, but this is Darwinism at work.

you stepped out in front of a bus and got hit? you tried to squeeze into a space not big enough for you and you got crushed? you tried going scuba diving without a tank and drowned? you drove into a brick wall (or worse, oncoming traffic, since that will take out innocents) at 100mph and expected to walk away from it because the car has airbags?

well, what did you EXPECT to happen?

my biggest gripe about it is society insisting that we have to help these people. sorry, but i think if you're too stupid to know what you're getting into in situations like this, you DESERVED it. and we should NOT help you because you'll probably just do it again and cost us all even more time/money/anguish (and probably even more stupid laws too). yeah, it's harsh. but even as a christian i don't think that God would be happy with these folks, since it's declared plenty of times in the bible that suicide is not acceptable.

edit: it's one thing when a small child gets themselves into a dangerous situation, such as walking into a street without looking, because they haven't learned to respect the dangerous situation yet. but grown adults? especially in a place like thailand, where it's so common that chances are good that they've personally seen the consequences? nope, sorry, no sympathy from me. nobody is superman. nobody is invincible, no matter what they may think.

and now, a lighter side...
033f9b3072c8031448d8f95465845c79.jpg

Human body is like a balloon, can pop anytime.
It was the imperfect timing... like a scene from final destination movie.

I had the tip of a finger under a hydraulic piston when i was 16, and i can assure you the tip of that finger popped with +1 ton applied to it :rolleyes:

Good thing was since it was crushed it dident hurt at all, but when i peeled some parets back to have a closer look at the crushed bone the guy that i was working with allmost fainted :p
I was like "A so thats how a finger look inside" :cool:

Okay it did start to hurt a little after i had been waiting for 4 houres at the hospital ( this was back in the 80 ties when hospitals here was a lot better than today )
And after they had patched me up and sent me home, i had to return 1 hour later to get 2 more stitches with no sedation, and that did hurt :mad:

And i have had a bicycle crushed under a truck ( turning right in front of me at a intersection ) but a truck was way too slow to catch me back then, but my nice racer was flattned pretty good.

Not sure this was a 'farang', one Thai news video shows a still pic of three asian riders, I assume one was the victim? (about 1:27)

I'll have to ask my wife if she seen this on the news.....

As I said I'm not sure, just something about him that made me think that....

Back