Blackview DR500-GW English Firmware v1.005

So they didn't tested the 1.005E firmware with the modified version.bin file in a Korean dashcam. Even I assume this will be without any problem.
I think 1.005R is offtopic here and to not confuse the users more, to not talk about custom russian language firmware.

enjoy,
Mtz

Re: Eng. formware for DR500GW

Pebo said:
One thing on the newer HD Viewer that I found is that instead of being locked into an 8 character password, now it allows from 5-30 characters.

After fiddling around with the new viewer, I now have to retract what I wrote about the increased password capability. I added a 10 digit password (or so I thought) and put the card back into the recorder. When I tried to log into my camera I continued to get a WIFI connection error. I finally realized that the password still only will accept an 8 digit password, even though when the mouse is hoovered over the password line, a window pops up it allows 5-30 characters. NOPE, IT DOESN'T, so I have no idea what was updated in this version either.

I have installed the latest English firmware v1.005E without any issue. I think the video has improved a little.

As for the Korean firmware v1.005, the download link is still down. Here is the page to the download link. I do not know when the download link will be fixed.

The Korean firmware V 1.005K link is not down. Use IE , it works.

BTW , I updated my Korean camera with V 1.005E and modified "version.bin" , no problem at all.

1.005E with setup instructions can be downloaded from here.
Use this firmware only for official installed firmwares, not some custom created by the internet users.

enjoy,
Mtz

Have just done this and it works perfectly

I would suggest however before doing it you Format the Sd card to give it a clean start.

Apart from that I deleted the Korean Vers bin file and copied and pasted the English one across

Just installed my second 500, this time in my own car the other went into the wife's, and noticed that I have v1.005 installed... Whoopee ;-)

Mtz said:
Use this firmware only for official installed firmwares, not some custom created by the internet users.

enjoy,
Mtz

I want to make sure i'm doing this right and not mess up like I did with my DR400

I got my camera from the massdrop and here's the info from the version.bin
Code:
[firmware]
version = 1.005
model = 500GW
language = English
[software]
version = 2.032
model = 500GW
language = English
[config]
version = 1.030
model = 500GW

EDIT:
I have the following two firmwares downloaded. The first is from the link you provided with the readme and the second firmware I have is from this website.
How can I tell if my camera is Korean or not?

I'm just trying to fix the time zone setting. I've driven more than and it has not adjusted.

venezian said:
Mtz said:

enjoy,
Mtz

I want to make sure i'm doing this right and not mess up like I did with my DR400

Code:
[firmware]
version = 1.005
model = 500GW
language = English
[software]
version = 2.032
model = 500GW
language = English
[config]
version = 1.030
model = 500GW

EDIT:
I have the following two firmwares downloaded. The first is from the link you provided with the readme and the second firmware I have is from this website.

I'm just trying to fix the time zone setting. I've driven more than and it has not adjusted.

If its Korean and you havent modified it the language will be Korean.

In the Firmware that came with it look at the files and see what the language is. As a you have posted it says 1.005 which is the English version as on the Soltech site. It also has the latest viewer 2.032 so there is no reason why you cant get the right time zone. Go into the settings and in the time zone box on the first page find America///// wherever you are and set it at that.

Last reason could be you have mounted it on the windscreen on a part that prevents the GPS signal getting through. There are some cars that have whole screens that do this

Hillbilly said:
venezian said:
Mtz said:

enjoy,
Mtz

Code:
[firmware]
version = 1.005
model = 500GW
language = English
[software]
version = 2.032
model = 500GW
language = English
[config]
version = 1.030
model = 500GW

EDIT:

In the Firmware that came with it look at the files and see what the language is. As a you have posted it says 1.005 which is the English version as on the Soltech site. It also has the latest viewer 2.032 so there is no reason why you cant get the right time zone. Go into the settings and in the time zone box on the first page find America///// wherever you are and set it at that.

Last reason could be you have mounted it on the windscreen on a part that prevents the GPS signal getting through. There are some cars that have whole screens that do this

The way i set the time zone was through the iphone app when I first installed. Now that I'm home i'm going set it properly through the installed program and see if that corrects it. I mounted the camera the same spot as my dr400II so I don't think that's the issue, i'll verify by watching some videos and seeing the map to make sure they correlate.

Thanks for the info.

.[/quote]

Last reason could be you have mounted it on the windscreen on a part that prevents the GPS signal getting through. There are some cars that have whole screens that do this[/quote]

The way i set the time zone was through the iphone app when I first installed. Now that I'm home i'm going set it properly through the installed program and see if that corrects it. I mounted the camera the same spot as my dr400II so I don't think that's the issue, i'll verify by watching some videos and seeing the map to make sure they correlate.

Thanks for the info.[/quote]
The Dr 400 is a different length to the 500 and I had to reinstall the Dual LOck tape to a slightly different place to get the lens exactly in the centre of the screen as it was before

Hillbilly said:

Last reason could be you have mounted it on the windscreen on a part that prevents the GPS signal getting through. There are some cars that have whole screens that do this[/quote]

Thanks for the info.[/quote]
The Dr 400 is a different length to the 500 and I had to reinstall the Dual LOck tape to a slightly different place to get the lens exactly in the centre of the screen as it was before[/quote]

I adjusted for that. There area of the rear view mirror has a dotted area that's squared off at the bottom. I use that bottom edge to keep it straight (Y axis); the mount of the rear view mirror has a sort of pointy end which acts as a guide to center it (X axis) therefore the only difference between my outgoing dr400 is that the 500 is a little more to the right.
I'll post some pics and video samples tomorrow.

The Dr 400 is a different length to the 500 and I had to reinstall the Dual LOck tape to a slightly different place to get the lens exactly in the centre of the screen as it was before[/quote]

I adjusted for that. There area of the rear view mirror has a dotted area that's squared off at the bottom. I use that bottom edge to keep it straight (Y axis); the mount of the rear view mirror has a sort of pointy end which acts as a guide to center it (X axis) therefore the only difference between my outgoing dr400 is that the 500 is a little more to the right.
I'll post some pics and video samples tomorrow.[/quote]

That sounds right Thats what I did

I think i figured out my time zone problem... On the iphone app and windows pc I can select the Los Angeles time zone setting, but on a mac, these are the only settings I can choose.

EDIT 1: This is annoying. I set the time zone to Addis Ababa from the iphone app, restarted it and it was the correct time for Addis Ababa so I went back and repeated the same cycle, but set it to Los Angeles. It's still stuck on Addis Ababa time.

EDIT 2: PROBLEM SOLVED!! I simply formatted the sd card and plugged it back into the camera. It initialized the card and I let it record a little and now it's showing the correct time! I'm going to buy a better sd card for it and I wonder if that will improve the long buffer when trying to view from the iphone.

WhHcdNb.png

venezian said:
I think i figured out my time zone problem... On the iphone app and windows pc I can select the Los Angeles time zone setting, but on a mac, these are the only settings I can choose.

EDIT 1: This is annoying. I set the time zone to Addis Ababa from the iphone app, restarted it and it was the correct time for Addis Ababa so I went back and repeated the same cycle, but set it to Los Angeles. It's still stuck on Addis Ababa time.

EDIT 2: PROBLEM SOLVED!! I simply formatted the sd card and plugged it back into the camera. It initialized the card and I let it record a little and now it's showing the correct time! I'm going to buy a better sd card for it and I wonder if that will improve the long buffer when trying to view from the iphone.

WhHcdNb.png

Get a class 10 card from a reputable seller 95% on Ebay are fakes I have a Samsung 32gig class 10 and dont have any problems

I still have not picked up a new class 10 card. From this video the viewing angle is much wider than my old dr400II so I'll have to point it down lower, but the dash looks like it's going to be a problem. I'm going to do some research on filters to eliminate that glare.

Inglewood.. the forum is my neighbor :D

Last edited by a moderator:
venezian said:
I still have not picked up a new class 10 card. From this video the viewing angle is much wider than my old dr400II so I'll have to point it down lower, but the dash looks like it's going to be a problem. I'm going to do some research on filters to eliminate that glare.

Turn the brightness down a bit to fix glare

What vehicle is that You need to mount it higher to stop a view of the dash

Here is the view from my Passat firstly the 400 and then the 500 which is noticeably wider

Where its located on the screen

Hillbilly said:
venezian said:

Turn the brightness down a bit to fix glare

What vehicle is that You need to mount it higher to stop a view of the dash

Here is the view from my Passat firstly the 400 and then the 500 which is noticeably wider

Where its located on the screen

My camera is mounted higher than your camera; any higher and I won't be able to center it and it will pick up the tint on the top. I think my windshield is sloped back compared to your car.
I'll turn the brightness down and see the results tomorrow.

Re: Eng. formware for DR500GW

dreikas said:
wozzzzza said:
i would like this one too. anyone know what it improves??

According Pittasoft:
*) BlackVue viewer program updated (Windows) V2.032 (Google Map API error correction)
*) SD card compatibility improvements
*) System stabilization (whatever that means :) )

Can someone update the link in the detailed FAQ for the BlackVue 500GW-HD?
http://dashcamtalk.com/blackvue-dr500gw ... ac_Players
It currently points to v2.031 which I installed last night and got the Google Map error.

You can find v2.032 at
http://www.blackvue.com/en/contents/sub ... ew&idx=996

Thanks.

Back