Blackvue dashcam including B-112 not working with pmp

quint

Reaction score
Country
Netherlands
Hello,

Let me start by saying i am new to this forum, but i am reading/getting allot of info lately on dashcams etc. and wan't to thank you guys for sharing.
But now my problem and i hope you guys can help me.

Since a couple of weeks i own a blackvue dr900s-2ch in combination with the B-112. When i bought this system the idea i had is that the pmp would save my car battery while in parking mode and the B-112 battery would extend when car battery stops delivering. This way i get around 4/5 hours from the car battery and around 10 hours (dual cam) from the B-112.

But after hardwire everything into the car(skoda kodiaq 2019) i noticed that the the B-112 was not charging and only the PMP did his job and cut off the power when it dips under 12v. After investigation and talking to blackvue i found out that the combination of PMP and B-112 is nit working because of the fact that the PMP only has max output of 1 till 2Amp and the B-112 needs a minimum of 5A before starting charging. (Source Blackvue Site).

So i removed the PMP from the setup and it works now like a charm... BUT!!!! The intended time is not met. I only get now around 10 hours of parking time.
After mailing with Blackvue with my question if it is possible to change the PMP so it has 12V 5A/6A output so i can use the car battery to extend the time the answer was simple. This is not intended.

After reading many wonderful threats on this forum and seeing how people just created there own battery setup with usb chargers and or backup battery inside the car i thought lets see if anyone has a PMP setup made with an output of 12V 5/6Amp. And yes found some.. The only problem i saw in these threaths for me is that these PMP were all made by scratch by people and not commercial bought. My knowledge on technics is not that advanced to create those devices myself.

So now the question.. Does anyone know an commercial battery saver that i can buy that has the specs that the B-112 needs So from car to B-112 12 V / 6,5 A. And where i can setup that it measures the the car battery doesn't go lower then 11,7V to save it (cuts off)?

Thank you for the help!!!

Regards
Quint

How did you have your PMP wired up with the b-112? I am curious.

It sounds like what you need is a circuit that switches to the b-112 when battery voltage drops, the PMP and most others just cut the power to the dash cam.

i hardwired the pmp from car battery to the B-112 and the B-112 to the cam. Because the output from the pmp is max 2Amp and the B-112 needs a minimum of 5 Amp to start charging the B-112 is never used. the PMP does his work to cutt off the when car bettery is under 12V. After asking BlackVue it is told that the pmp is not compatible with a B-112.

But have an update for people who are looking for a solution like my. After reading some Deutsche sites i found an good alternative for the PMP. The device Kemo M148A is a power cut off device but does output the same as the input.
Thanks for reading and hope this will help others.

Back