Blackvue Downloader and DR750X Questions about swapping wifi hotspots

shadowarrior

Reaction score
Country
Australia
I just got my BV DR750X Plux 2Ch this week. I installed Blackvue Downloader as well and its working really well with my new DR750X, but I am stuck on trying to solve this:

- I have my hotspot 1 set as home wifi 2.4Ghz
- I have my hotspot 2 set as a mobile phone which provides hotspot for the camera when the car is not in range of my home wifi
- If the camera is not connected to the mobile wifi and connects to the home wifi first, then it connects to my wifi and blackvue downloader can connect and download videos
- I just tried where I returned back home (after being connected to the wifi device) then turned off my wifi hotspot once in range of home wifi: The camera never connected back to the home wifi

It seems like the camera only attempts to search for an available network and connects at the first start sequence. How did you manage to set the camera up so if you turn off your hotspot once home, it reconnects to the home wifi during parking mode?

Any help would be highly appreciated. Also, BV Cloud is a nightmare...it worked 1st day, and from day 2 onward the app keeps saying Failed to retrieve camera list... :| So that's something else I'll have to figure out.

I had seen @KANNINA 2.0 's post in this thread where they have managed to get the device to reconnect back to home wifi once he drives in and turns off the hotspot.

Cheers!

I just got my BV DR750X Plux 2Ch this week. I installed Blackvue Downloader as well and its working really well with my new DR750X, but I am stuck on trying to solve this:

- I have my hotspot 1 set as home wifi 2.4Ghz
- I have my hotspot 2 set as a mobile phone which provides hotspot for the camera when the car is not in range of my home wifi
- If the camera is not connected to the mobile wifi and connects to the home wifi first, then it connects to my wifi and blackvue downloader can connect and download videos
- I just tried where I returned back home (after being connected to the wifi device) then turned off my wifi hotspot once in range of home wifi: The camera never connected back to the home wifi

It seems like the camera only attempts to search for an available network and connects at the first start sequence. How did you manage to set the camera up so if you turn off your hotspot once home, it reconnects to the home wifi during parking mode?

Any help would be highly appreciated. Also, BV Cloud is a nightmare...it worked 1st day, and from day 2 onward the app keeps saying Failed to retrieve camera list... :| So that's something else I'll have to figure out.

I had seen @KANNINA 2.0 's post in this thread where they have managed to get the device to reconnect back to home wifi once he drives in and turns off the hotspot.

Cheers!

Hey @shadowarrior,

Switch them. Home in Hotspot 2. That should sort you out.

Thanks! :) Going to try them out today. So do they cycle through available hotspots in order?

Yes.

That said, I always assumed it would just cycle through the SSIDs in order continuously until it found one.

Home in slot 2 works for me, but now I think I'll have to go out tomorrow and see if it'll cycle back to my hotspot in the garage when I turn my home network off.

Hey @KANNINA 2.0 It worked the first time, but didn't work the second time. Drove the car back, turned it off (went to parking mode) and turned off hotspot, it didn't pick up the home wifi. Even turned car back on and off again, still didn't help. Powercycling the camera might have helped. Would pressing the physical wifi button off/on once I turn off the car hotspot be the solution you think?

One thing I still can't get to work reliably is the Cloud connect. I have been able to connect to the car couple of times via Cloud...and that includes once deleting all cameras and re-addiing them back. Firmware is up to date, but I keep getting 'Failed to retrieve camera list' and the cloud page closes to Blackview homepage in the app. :|

Hey @KANNINA 2.0 It worked the first time, but didn't work the second time. Drove the car back, turned it off (went to parking mode) and turned off hotspot, it didn't pick up the home wifi. Even turned car back on and off again, still didn't help. Powercycling the camera might have helped. Would pressing the physical wifi button off/on once I turn off the car hotspot be the solution you think?

One thing I still can't get to work reliably is the Cloud connect. I have been able to connect to the car couple of times via Cloud...and that includes once deleting all cameras and re-addiing them back. Firmware is up to date, but I keep getting 'Failed to retrieve camera list' and the cloud page closes to Blackview homepage in the app. :|

I would think cycling the wifi button might work. Is your wifi signal strong in your garage?

My 900X's cloud functions have been working without issue from day 1, so I've no advice for you there. Haven't had to try any workarounds...

I would think cycling the wifi button might work. Is your wifi signal strong in your garage?
Yeah, I have my solar inverter and even an external Ring camera connected further away from where the car is parked. Signal strength tracer shows strong wifi signal and clear bands as well. I might do a full reset of the app first, then the camera and set them up from scratch to see if the cloud works. Will update this thread with what I find :)

Back