BlackVue Downloader [Latest http://www.gizmocoding.com]

I tried deleted the settings.json file and after restarting it seems to be all fine. It even restored the camera settings that I'd configured previously.
The settings.json that I deleted was 5K in size but there was nothing readable in there. Tried viewing it in several apps on both a PC and a Mac and it appeared to be empty.
All good now.

Thanks for the update. Obviously the settings file had got corrupted somehow - should be a json text file.
Sounds like BVD found the older settings file and migrated that in the new ones absence (as it should)

But you can create a a backup and then restore settings from the about tab in case this happens down the track.
Would suggest this is a good idea once have all cameras set up

With a big Windows update there is a small risk that settings file will move/disappear.. happened once, but hopefully not again.. who knows with Microsoft though...

Would love to see a IOS/Android version that can download files while driving with the ability to age off oldest files. Since my cam powers down with car I have to keep removing the SD Card as needed.

Finally got it to work but it took a lot of undocumented steps (that might have been available but I did not find. The biggest issue was finding the IP address. There was mention of having to set up the cloud first.. which was a whole other problem but when I finally figure that out.. and.. connected to my WiFi (another WTF from Blackvue) I was able to see by logging into my router.. a new connection… which supplied the I.P.
WooHoo, done! Cool App, takes a while to D/L though and this while the whole assembly, modem, camera and PC are within 6 feet of each other.

Are many Blackvue users using this Windows app?

How long does it take to download files... how slow is slow?

I presently change out SD cards when I want to review videos... every couple of days or so. Is this a good option to forego swapping out SD cards?

Are many Blackvue users using this Windows app?

How long does it take to download files... how slow is slow?

I presently change out SD cards when I want to review videos... every couple of days or so. Is this a good option to forego swapping out SD cards?
Takes a while. Looking at the time stamps on a set I downloaded it took 60 minutes to transfer 93 one minute video clips. Mind the size "probably" matters and these were the default size from my DX900 plus

Takes a while. Looking at the time stamps on a set I downloaded it took 60 minutes to transfer 93 one minute video clips. Mind the size "probably" matters and these were the default size from my DX900 plus
Thanks for the information. My dashcam is the DR750x 2ch LTE Plus, so only 1080; but I record at the highest resolution (highest extreme). I wonder how much faster that would be.

I assume one coild still use the BV reader once downloaded, but would the BVD app be better to use for any reason?

Thanks for the information. My dashcam is the DR750x 2ch LTE Plus, so only 1080; but I record at the highest resolution (highest extreme). I wonder how much faster that would be.

I assume one coild still use the BV reader once downloaded, but would the BVD app be better to use for any reason?
The BV app is only able to view (or download) one segment at a time. You need a seperate program to view a sequence. But that also applies to video downloaded with the BlackVue Downloader.

The BlackVue Viewer for Windows can be used to view your video sequences after downloading. With my own downloader (I wrote my own that is a slightly minimalist version of BVD), I separate the downloads into folders by date. Then I fire up the BV Viewer using the "SD Card Viewer", select a folder, then the earliest video from the sequence, and it'll play though until you stop.
You can use an ffmpeg script to join multiple videos into a single one, but then the BV Viewer won't like it much (GPS data, etc, can be lost). I use the BV Viewer to select the range I want, plug that range into my script, and then I can share the generated mega-video.

As to download speed, in my testing it's highly dependent on your WiFi signal strength at the camera. While there's no easy way to measure what the camera's signal strength is, I found in early experimentation that minor adjustments in the position of my vehicle could have very visible changes in download speeds. Enough that I ended up mounting a WiFi hotspot in the front corner of my garage so that it's <10ft from the camera when parked. But if I back into my parking spot (so now it's 20ft away), that may make the difference between connecting or not, and definitely download speed.

Back