Blackvue Dr490L-2ch parking mode video

Mr.sg19

Reaction score
Country
United States
I recently purchased and installed the dr490l-2ch from dashcambro myself. It's my 1st dash cam and I'm very pleased with it. Install wasn't bad, video quality is great (from my limited experience), the LCD touch screen is easy to use and the ability to replay clips right on the screen is an amazing feature. Changing the settings on the touch screen is also much easier then putting the memory card into my PC.

There is only one issue I can't seem to get around. For some reason around the same time everyday, parking mode clips stop recording. My car sits in an active parking lot at work so I adjusted the sensitivity to react to my specific situation. I also readjusted the storage allocation to allow more parking mode video to be stored on the 32g card I have for it. Even still, the camera will not have any footage after about noon. I know there's still foot traffic and activity in the parking lot throughthe afternoon into the evening, so why isn't it recording any of that? Any ideas?

The camera might hit some cut off level of voltage on your car battery.
I am not familiar with this brand or cameras, do you have a hardwire harness with a BDP in or are that function build into the camera ( Battery Discharge Protection )

It might also be a setting / timer set to only keep parking mode for X hours, but i am guessing here as i am not familiar with the product.

It's a camera setting. Could my battery be discharging the exact same amount everyday at the same time? Time for a stronger battery?

If you can maybe lower the cut off voltage, i am not familiar with this but i wouldn't go under 12 V myself, even though i just have a little 1000 CCM 3 cyl engine to crank.

Back