BlackVue DR500GW-HD firmware v1.008 (En, Rus,..)

Beerbelly said:
Have installed fw 1.008 but there's no GPS anyone encounter this? I have format and reinstalled the fw few times but still no GPS any fix to this? Tks.

Have you been outside and set the correct time zone and waited for a fix Wont go inside and some have had trouble but most havent.

A fix first time can take some time

Hillbilly said:
Beerbelly said:
Have installed fw 1.008 but there's no GPS anyone encounter this? I have format and reinstalled the fw few times but still no GPS any fix to this? Tks.

Have you been outside and set the correct time zone and waited for a fix Wont go inside and some have had trouble but most havent.

Yup have set to the correct time zone and have been driving for 4 days now still no GPS.

Beerbelly said:
Hillbilly said:
Beerbelly said:

Yup have set to the correct time zone and have been driving for 4 days now still no GPS.

Press the reset button If that doesnt work send it back

Beerbelly, were you able to press the reset button and test? If that did not work, Hillbilly is correct. Your camera should be sent back.

RE GPS
I have the same problem, though can't be sure it happened straight away after upgrading.
does anyone have the previous firmware, in order to see if this fixes the problem?
(it's not on the blackvue website anymore) reset button does nothing btw.

Last edited by a moderator:
thanks, i'll try it, but need to read up 1st as to which file to change to downgrade the FW.
or maybe i'll just sit & wait till new FW as from what I've read here & there it definitely seems to be the 1.008
FW that causes the problem...?

egonvdv said:
thanks, i'll try it, but need to read up 1st as to which file to change to downgrade the FW.
or maybe i'll just sit & wait till new FW as from what I've read here & there it definitely seems to be the 1.008
FW that causes the problem...?

Only in some phones I and a lot of others haven't had a moments problem with 1.008E

There is a solution on the CAR -DVR forum on how to delete the firmware from the camera and install a fresh version that works.

Involves using telnet and some commands

Hillbilly said:
The new version viewer is still giving me compatibility issues with the Theme on my Windoze 7 It makes it revert to the Basic colors. None of the older versions did this ???????????????????????????????????????????????????

New version of BlackVue Viewer has Picture-in-picture feature which takes a lot of resources, so we force to switch of Aero theme to speed things up.

BlackVue said:
Hillbilly said:
The new version viewer is still giving me compatibility issues with the Theme on my Windoze 7 It makes it revert to the Basic colors. None of the older versions did this ???????????????????????????????????????????????????

New version of BlackVue Viewer has Picture-in-picture feature which takes a lot of resources, so we force to switch of Aero theme to speed things up.

is there an option to turn it back on? not everyone has a slow computer

Will someone please post link to unzipped Mac/iOS browsers. Doesn't Blackvue understand that zipping Mac software in a Windows setup envelope is useless to Mac users?

Sill using custom firmware but my BV doesn't record newer video over older files. Am I missing a software switch or is it perhaps because I'm using 64 GB card?

Will someone please post link to unzipped Mac/iOS browsers. Doesn't Blackvue understand that zipping Mac software in a Windows setup envelope is useless to Mac users?

Sill using custom firmware but my BV doesn't record newer video over older files. Am I missing a software switch or is it perhaps because I'm using 64 GB card?

More than likely the card try one of the size that the manufacturer recommends

I tried to find anyone else with this issue but it seems I'm either the only one who has it, or no one else has tried. I prefer to have audio recording off by default. However, the audio recording is always on. I can configure it to default to off, but it still records audio. It worked in 1005, but after I updated to 1008 I can't get that feature to work.
Yes, I can turn it off on the camera, but that's a bit annoying to have to do that every time I get in my car.

Has anyone else had this issue with the new firmware?

I went from 1.1.1 to 1.005 then upgraded to 1.008, all steps of upgrade went well...

The only problem I have now it the mic is always on when I start the camera, no matter what setting I have in the config file..
I can turn the mic off/on with the finger sensor on the camera.. I have changed the config file with my iPhone, Win Blackvue program as well as a text editor, no luck getting a permanent change..

I have re-installed 1.008 as well as using different sd cards..

Does anyone else's camera act the same way?
I'm having the same issue. Did you ever get a resolution?

Back