Blackvue DR600GW-HD (increased bitrate)

Hi,

I would like to access to the Alexsoll firmware but don't know how to do this :-( because I don't understand the russian :-(

donate on the forum, once you're a paid member they'll change your access level and you can get the firmware update

You can click on the flag of your choice top right if that is not enough it is possible to cut and paste it to google translator or some other language translator of your choice.

When I am reading this post, I'm exciting to test this Custom Firmware for the DR600GW.

I have paied :D

:)

When I am reading this post, I'm exciting to test this Custom Firmware for the DR600GW.

I have paied :D

:)

You must remember that the DR600 has some limitations that can not be fixed but in saying that Alexsoll's custom firmware takes it to an all new level that makes owning one worthwhile. Video quality now in daytime is top grade and night time is very good. It is his firmware that has given my DR600 a permanent place in my car.

Yes the DR600 has some limitations but this custom increases the performence :D

An other question, in the folder of the custom firmware, there is this picture.

We must uncheck all the cases with the the resolution and the fps but with this custom firmwre what is the resolution ?

FULL HD 1980*1080 @ 30 FPS ? or it's another resolution ?

Thank You

Attachments

• 1.png
    1.png
    11.4 KB · Views: 9
You must remember that the DR600 has some limitations that can not be fixed but in saying that Alexsoll's custom firmware takes it to an all new level that makes owning one worthwhile. Video quality now in daytime is top grade and night time is very good. It is his firmware that has given my DR600 a permanent place in my car.
If money was no object, which in car camera without screen would you get if not the DR600? I thought DR600 was best out there?
(Other than a go pro or the like, I mean a true blackbox that will overwrite previous recordings in loop)

If money was no object, which in car camera without screen would you get if not the DR600? I thought DR600 was best out there?
(Other than a go pro or the like, I mean a true blackbox that will overwrite previous recordings in loop)

I bought the DR600 for the very reason you state as being one of the best a few months ago. I have now bought a Street Guardian SG9665GC not just because of video quality but for sound quality where it really shines. It has a small screen and it turns off after a short period so there is no distraction. So my bias now is the Street Guardian which is cheaper and superior. Now spent $700 in last few months on two dash cams but both are awesome and I am more than pleased. Side note that the best can be subjective as we all have different needs. Thanks to Alexsoll and Jokiin my needs are fulfilled in my dash cams.

I bought the DR600 for the very reason you state as being one of the best a few months ago. I have now bought a Street Guardian SG9665GC not just because of video quality but for sound quality where it really shines. It has a small screen and it turns off after a short period so there is no distraction. So my bias now is the Street Guardian which is cheaper and superior. Now spent $700 in last few months on two dash cams but both are awesome and I am more than pleased. Side note that the best can be subjective as we all have different needs. Thanks to Alexsoll and Jokiin my needs are fulfilled in my dash cams.
I shall check this cam out you mention. Thank you.

Alexsoll can you tell me if the increased bitrates also increases the heat in the dashcam? BlackVue used to have heat issues with older models but lately there is no issue.
I wish to know this too.
Wonder if heat becomes bad?

I notice when I park car outside in Florida (where I live) and blackvue still on in parking mode, it is VERY VERY hot to touch.

I wish to know this too.
Wonder if heat becomes bad?

I notice when I park car outside in Florida (where I live) and blackvue still on in parking mode, it is VERY VERY hot to touch.

I skipped the official 1.004 and loaded Alexsoll's 1.004 custom. Heat is no different than official firmware. I do believe any small device especially cameras will get hot while running. Not an issue for me. My DR600 running perfectly fine on 38c (over 100F) days inside the car. Design wise they are fine with heat its just the software that lets the Blackvue down.

The entire process to obtain this custom firmware is overcomplicated, when it can be simplified with ease by alexsoll. There are too many hoops for the average person to jump through.

Reading through this whole thread, you for some reason expect people to automatically know how to obtain your software, without providing any instructions whatsoever. All your responses to people asking for assistance since they don't know what the hell to do are conceited and arrogant.

Thankfully there is a helpful community at hand. I also like that you're attempting to conceal the fact that you're "selling" intellectual property of another company by masking it with accepting donations.

If you were a real developer, the software would be released free and open source.

Last edited by a moderator:
cls,

You are clearly just not clever enough to own a dash cam.

First of all, alexsoll's primary language is Russian. He doesn't even have to come to these English sites. He is offering a service which I for one and many others appreciate greatly.

He is also not selling IPR. He is modifying code that exists and making it better. He is asking for a donation to his forum, which just so happens to have his hard work included in said forum. You don't have to donate to the forum if you don't want to, but....oh wait...you did...because you wanted to "buy" stolen IPR. You sir are a hypocritical moron.

You have posted this rant because it's "Too hard" for you to understand. Many of us in this forum have overcome these difficulties without resorting to profanities.

I suggest you stick to buying equipment that cannot be fiddled with as you clearly want to fiddle and haven't got a clue what you are doing because it's too hard.

Grow a pair, and you definitely should think about an apology to alexsoll. I'm betting the majority of this forum are on alexsoll's side.

I found the instructions given by alexsoll to be clear, and the Russian site complications were overcome with a simple translation website.

Great work @alexsoll, and keep up the good work. I for one appreciate your work.

The entire process to obtain this custom firmware is overcomplicated

Your first post. The process is easy it's you that is the problem. Alexsoll has done more to save Blackvue owners than Blackvue themselves. I have donated twice and appreciate his hard work and testing of his firmware because if I remember fuel in cars cost money and his results on it are uploaded to YouTube for us to see. Am very offended by your attack on Alexsoll and if you continue to follow this forum and his forum you would acknowledge his contribution to the world of dash cams which you and I benefit from.

Maybe if you feel your Blackvue is not up to task take your complaint to them. They built it.

Last edited:
I love тролль - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Internet_troll
The entire process to obtain this custom firmware is overcomplicated,

you are the first one to complain - just learn how to read, all answers are in the forum don't complain.
If you would have asked for help in an orderly manner instead of insulting people, nobody would refuse to give you a hand.

I also like that you're attempting to conceal the fact that you're "selling" intellectual property of another company by masking it with accepting donations.,
If you don't like to donate to alexsoll, don't do it and shut up - don't come into this forum and badmouth someone who improves the product significantly so it can be used accordingly

If you were a real developer, the software would be released free and open source.
There we go, want's to have everything for free and does not appreciate the work of others.
I like the improvements our russian friend made and don't have a problem to give him a donation for his server.

Last edited:
Sorry, I have not donated, and would not donate to support Belarus crime syndicates. I obtained the software from another BlackVue customer for analysis. If any of you had a brain, you would be aware that the actual "software" you're loading onto your devices, is the works of a skilled malicious developer. Why don't you reverse engineer the "software" and see for yourself? Observe the network traffic with wireshark while connecting to wifi and find yourself in for a big surprise!

P.S. I have no problem with my BlackVue in it's current state -- stock firmware.

Adios!

Observe the network traffic with wireshark while connecting to wifi and find yourself in for a big surprise!
if you are so smart, so why don't you disclose what you are seeing.
Accusations are easy made, but back them up. I even ask you kindly to show and explain it in this forum, if you are capable which I don't expect as
you could not even handle to obtain the software as a donor.

Sorry, I have not donated, and would not donate to support Belarus crime syndicates
Seems our friend has some issues with people from certain ethnic area's.

Why don't you reverse engineer the "software" and see for yourself?
I'm not a software developer and not interested in reverse engineering any software. Wire shark is a great software, but again I have some concern you know how to read it.

If you are so concerned that E.T. phones home, one always can block it. The original black vue on your phone wants to know your location and mobile id number too - no news here.
I just cut them out. The written file info like gps from the camera will interact with any mapping software on the web if you have gps enabled to your show location. There is just no way around that, except if you disable gps. Let's not get paranoid!
It really does not matter as our friends from google, bing do the same if you use their maps.
If Belarus is checking if I'm a donator or a copy cat like you, no problem for me.

Back