Blackvue DR750S-1CH issues, focus/blur !

029kid

Reaction score
Country
Norway
Hi.

I recently swapped my Blackvue 500 with a 750S-1CH.
I must say im shocked to see the BAD quality, is my camera defect or is it really this bad ?

Its impossible to read licence plates, the image quality is really poor.
I have the latest firmware.
FullHD@60FPS
Brightness: 1
Enhanced Night Vision: On

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1AosqLRsYsML_eS8FfoNjqsd3qN-aWApK

Im considering to return this and buy a Viofo a119, although thats an ugly cam it seems it will provide a much better image.

Last edited:
Indeed your camera seem to be focused too short, so only things really close are in the correct focus.
Sadly we some times see this on some batches of cameras strait from the factory, but its a mistake even the best of brands can and will make.
The big question are, how they handle it when the problem have been identified.

Had this been a street guardian camera a new one would already be on its way to you, that's just how those guys do it, and nobody do that better i think its safe to say.

The Vifo cameras also seem to be popular and give good footage too, i would aim for the A119S with the IMX 291 sensor in it.

Depending on the layout on your windscreen the wedge cameras like the vifo ones can hide really well and often come off as a factory sensor or something.

Hi.

I recently swapped my Blackvue 500 with a 750S-1CH.
I must say im shocked to see the BAD quality, is my camera defect or is it really this bad ?

Its impossible to read licence plates, the image quality is really poor.
I have the latest firmware.
FullHD@60FPS
Brightness: 1
Enhanced Night Vision: On

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1AosqLRsYsML_eS8FfoNjqsd3qN-aWApK

Im considering to return this and buy a Viofo a119, although thats an ugly cam it seems it will provide a much better image.

That is 'horrible' video quality, what you would expect from a freebie dashcam given away with box of cornflakes if you buy 2! Sadly I saw a lot of BV vids on UTube with similar quality. Partly I was wondering what the hell are these guys editing with.
See this example of the FM3 @1440p. not very nice oversharpened vid. but at least you can see what is going on and License plates, or at least I could take them and enhance the video to get license plate nos.

Actually, The BV 750S @ circa £250 was my premium option, but I was so unimpressed in general with all the dashcam videos on UTube, in the end I had a go at one of those Black Monday auctions, and won my bid on a 14440p Vico FM3 for £79; hoping how wrong can you go at £79 with a 2 year warranty???? [famous last words] Worst case if its crap, then I will have to relegate it to the back window, and bite the bullet and get a decent -expensive forward facing cam.

What I haven't managed to get me head around is just how shockingly awful the resolution and picture quality is in all dash cams are, when I compare say my Canon still camera's mickey-mouse attempt at video in 1920x1080p, its still 500 x better than the best dashcam in 14440p.??

Honestly I would send that back, and if the next one is the same, send it back too and just get a cheap rubbish one like mine.
Can you make out a no plate on yours .................. or is it my eyesight?

Good luck

update helI just noticed that's at 65km , if I put my foot down on a 5.5L S Class Coupe .......................that would be just one massive blurrrr :(:(

Just waiting for my new micro SD card to try my FM3 out, and thinking did I just waste my time getting into this Dashcam Lark .

Last edited:
Back