BlackVue DR750S-2CH

i use Night Vision + Brightness down to 1

at1tU.jpg

i use Night Vision + Brightness down to 1

at1tU.jpg

I read that, too. Unfortunately, I got confused when I read it the first time because it makes no mention as to "why" a Brightness setting of 1 is optimal and how it relates to the new Enhanced Night Vision and/or the new "Sports Mode." So, you are left in the lurch (once again) having to figure things out on your own.

To get the better image quality at night, Enhanced Night Vision needs to be "on." However, I've found no way to use "Sports Mode" in combination with "Enhanced Night Vision" without obtaining your results - absolutely grain to the max, destroying the image quality overall.

Apparently, that new Sony Starvis CMOS sensor is working overtime in "Enhanced Night Vision" mode. So, if you add "Sport Mode" and run Brightness above 3 or 4, the ambient light being captured through the lens and digitally augmented (processed) is not being handled very well at 60fps. At least not in my camera. When I downgrade to something "Sport," I can then use "Enhanced Night Vision," run Image Quality at "High" and Brightness around 4. However, the result is not as snappy as advertised. Yes, it does come out much brighter at night as compared to the 650s. But, it is still somewhat grainy in the final video. If I run the same config and drop the Brightness to 1 or 2, then final video brightness seems only marginally better than the 650s.

In my cameras, it seems like the only way to achieve that dramatic difference in Night Vision brightness is to run Brightness up to 4 and suffer with massive grain which cancels out image quality overall. It is like I can't win for losing.

1. Video resolution. I have read multiple comments about the 650 actually having clearer videos than the 750, but this was going to be addressed with firmware??? Is that the case today? Or did the Sept firmware address this? Or is this whole concept a farce? As consumer, that is a scary comment to read that the previous model may be clearer than the new model. Can anyone clarify? I read through this thread, and Is that what some of the discussion is with bitrate?
I had a 650s initially but it wasn't functioning as intended so I returned it. I ended up getting the 750s when I realized how poor the quality was (more notably from the rear camera). The 750s is definitely the best bang for your buck.

Additionally, to add to my previous posts about a loose mount with poor quality font application, I received a replacement mount in the mail today and it fits the camera as expected and has a cleaner application of the Blackvue font compared to the original mount.
https://prnt.sc/gzkbqc

I had a 650s initially but it wasn't functioning as intended so I returned it. I ended up getting the 750s when I realized how poor the quality was (more notably from the rear camera). The 750s is definitely the best bang for your buck.

Additionally, to add to my previous posts about a loose mount with poor quality font application, I received a replacement mount in the mail today and it fits the camera as expected and has a cleaner application of the Blackvue font compared to the original mount.
https://prnt.sc/gzkbqc

My mount looks like that and it was still too loose. I ended up having to wrap it with PTFE tape to solve the problem and got a better friction modifier in the process, which makes camera adjustments within the mount more firm, positive and precise. I think those sprockets should be made of rubber or some kind of poly compound. It would hold more firmly, adjust more positively and not be so subject to heat.

Thanks for the video samples alexsoll. The brightness on my video clips isn't that great, so I'll be playing around with the settings and will try the ones you have to gain some visibility.

Here's some screenshots I took of different settings I played around with tonight. Daytime video seems to have no issues with brightness settings (obviously), so I'll focus on the settings optimal for low light conditions. Here's a dimly lit street in my area.

All screenshots are with Sport Mode ON
Front Camera - Night Vision On - Brightness 1

zQFZ7Zn.png

Rear Camera - Night Vision On - Brightness 2 (Compensating for dark tint)
4lGtkaa.png

Front Camera - Night Vision Off - Brightness 3
NBEV2Lw.png

Rear Camera - Night Vision Off - Brightness 4
(Compensating for dark tint)
EBGIGcy.png

Quick Side-by-side Comparison
3SFKJZD.png

undefined.png

PfrVn0Z.png

Last edited:
Alex and Live, thanks for these posts. This confirms what I'm getting. It also confirms in my mind that Blackvue's attempt at "Enhanced Night Vision" is a fail. It simply makes the image too grainy no matter what setting you use. In order to get video that is halfway decent, I cannot run with "Enhanced Night Vision" mode "On." This effectively pushes the DR750s almost back to where the DR650s was in performance on the front cam. The rear cam of the DR750s, is marginally better than the rear cam of the DR650s at night, IMO.

Привет спасибо. Настройки для вашей передней и задней камеры, пожалуйста?

Night Vision - OFF
brightness + 2 / +2

Так же, как я думал. У вас улучшено ночное видение, тоже выключено.

Интересно. Вы можете использовать +2 для яркости на вашей задней камере, но я не могу этого сделать, если изображение становится слишком темным. У вашего автомобиля есть тонированное стекло сзади?

Ah, yes! You did it. You opened her right up, didn't you. :)

Do you see any reference that would ultimately lead you to a CMOS Sony XMOR-R Sensor? I see the main board now that you've exposed it this way. I'm guessing the Sensor would be under the lens. However, what I don't see clearly is the Image Processor which (from what I understand) should be a separate unit. I was looking for something like the BIONZ Image Processor shown here (midway down page): http://www.sony.jp/products/overseas/contents/pickup/contents/ExmorRCMOS_T_ver2.0/index.html.

This is what the XMOR CMOS Sensor is supposed to look like according to Sony:
exmor_cmos_ss_01.jpg

Интересно!

Back