Blackvue DR900X Plus 2-CH & B-124X Parking Mode Battery (hardwired) Question.

Skybird

Reaction score
Country
New Zealand
Hey,

Will my Blackvue DR900X Plus 2-CH dash cam, and B-124X parking mode battery, keep draining my Car Battery when the dash cam and parking mode battery switch over to Parking Mode? Also even though my setup is hardwired, will my dash cam or parking mode battery keep using energy from my Car Battery when my engine is off and the system is in Parking Mode?

I have a Toyota Aqua 2013 (Hybrid, my 1st car I purchased late 2018 which is under a 5 Year Signature Class Toyota Warranty). My local Toyota Dealership, on Kent Terrace Wellington (New Zealand), installed the system.

When you use the B-124X, you don’t rely on your car battery at all. Your DR900X Plus is exclusively powered by the 124 when you’re parked.

When you use the B-124X, you don’t rely on your car battery at all. Your DR900X Plus is exclusively powered by the 124 when you’re parked.
Thanks. I wish with the Parking Mode option, they would bring back the setting for continuous normal video recording. Something thats available with the DR900S 2-CH. With the DR900X Plus 2-CH dash cam, they only have (1) Off (2) Motion & Impact detection (3) Time lapse... options. I use a Samsung Pro Endurance 128GB which is capable of storing 7 hours 2-CH footage (4k front cam, 1080p rear cam).

Hey,

Will my Blackvue DR900X Plus 2-CH dash cam, and B-124X parking mode battery, keep draining my Car Battery when the dash cam and parking mode battery switch over to Parking Mode? Also even though my setup is hardwired, will my dash cam or parking mode battery keep using energy from my Car Battery when my engine is off and the system is in Parking Mode?

I have a Toyota Aqua 2013 (Hybrid, my 1st car I purchased late 2018 which is under a 5 Year Signature Class Toyota Warranty). My local Toyota Dealership, on Kent Terrace Wellington (New Zealand), installed the system.
Most likely wired wrong. The ACC wire from the B124X must be connected to a fused ACC tap, not constant power.

Properly wired, with the car off no power will be supplied to the B124X from the car, and power out will be to the Camera if parking mode is chosen from the B124X only untill its depleted or timed out depending on your parking mode settings.

Back