Blackvue-type with auto cloud uploading?

boogts

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hi, I have an older Blackvue, I like it but would like the ability to:

A. Be able to access the videos wirelessly with my my phone. Currently with no SD card port now that I went from a Galaxy S4 to S8, I have to bring the SD card home and put it into my computer. Not ideal for any "at the scene" reviewing.

B. Auto upload to a cloud backup. Either the cam could be damaged in a crash, or if the car is stolen (assuming there is Wifi like it would have when I am driving - have a wifi hotspot on my phone to run apps in the car - and when it is parked at my house, the Wifi reaches the garage / drive).

I like the DR650/750 but it doesn't have B.

Why don't you just get this? This is what I use on my Galaxy S9+

Rocketek USB C Portable Card Reader for Micro SD Cards, Micro SD to Type C USB Adapter https://www.amazon.com/gp/B06XTQVSLL
You can download the video content to your phone in the car. Wireless on dash cams are extremely slow. You don't have to take the memory card home. Keep the adapter in the glove box or center console and you're good.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Huh, that's actually a great idea, I didn't think of that, thank you!

I suppose you're right about the wireless too. And having it make a 3 min file, save it, then upload it to wifi wouldn't help in the situation of being damaged in a wreck.

Still open to suggestions if there is one that plays nice / auto with wifi, but looks like I may just look for a standard-ish cam.

In my opinion this is the best option. If the cam got damaged, chances are the card should still be good since it's housed inside the camera. I've downloaded content from the memory card to my phone and then uploaded it to my Dropbox right after to share it with someone in which my camera witnessed an accident.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

The DR750S does have auto-upload to cloud, though it's only for events and manual recordings - not everything.
Then the generic 5GB free cloud for any other recordings you want to keep on the cloud.

Back