BlackVue Wi-Fi 2-Channel DR550GW-2CH

Anyone found where to buy this and how much is it?

Its 10 days since release but strangely non of the biggest Korean websites and well known Korean dash cam sellers has not advertised yet it. I check every day. In the past i was able to see up for sale other newly released Korean dash cams 1-2 days after official release sale date announced.
It looks like Pittasoft teasing people.

draja said:
I found Russian site is selling it now. But, no English site.

http://led-car.ru/shop/blackvue-dr550gw-2ch-16gb/

I know this Russian shop as well as few other pre-order places, but they all selling air without knowing exactly when will have them in stock. Pittasoft has not yet shipped any unit to other official resellers, as i know.

Last edited by a moderator:
Is the heat issue resolved?

bhuwan said:
Is the heat issue resolved?

Yes, Pittasoft will include a coupon for a free bag of ice. At every red light, they want you to grab some ice and rub it on the camera to cool it down. This method work wonder so far. Pittasoft is currently doing more testing on with larger pieces of ice.

Another test is a home-depot dryer tube duct taped to your a/c vent. The vent is then placed near the camera. You have to have your a/c running full time though. Pittasoft will sell the $2 home depot duct tube for $25 with free shipping. More info as the come available.

Just noticed that the DR550GW-2CH has a page on the Korean BlackVue site.

https://www.blackvue.com/Prod/DR550GW-2CH.asp

Some items are cleared up...Sony Exmor CMOS sensor not Sony Exmor R. 1080p front, 720p rear and WiFi as expected.

DashCamMan said:

Some items are cleared up...Sony Exmor CMOS sensor not Sony Exmor R. 1080p front, 720p rear and WiFi as expected.

6Mbit front and 2Mbit rear, a trade off of offering viewing over WiFi I guess, not sure it's worth it

eecc.jpg

What does this mean? Does it mean we can rotate the lens to adjust focus?

jokiin said:
DashCamMan said:

6Mbit front and 2Mbit rear, a trade off of offering viewing over WiFi I guess, not sure it's worth it

Yeah, I don't care for a rear cam. If someone rear ends me, it's gonna be 100% there fault. If they said "I rolled back" or "reversed into them", I can still use the front cam to prove I didn't reverse or roll back. It's just an extra heater in my car, and an extra SD card I have to replace every couple months.

vbx said:
eecc.jpg

What does this mean? Does it mean we can rotate the lens to adjust focus?
it means you can twist the camera up and down in the mount

jokiin said:
DashCamMan said:

Are we talking here about bit-rate ? ( Mbps ? )
In this case Pittasoft taking huge jump back into the stone-age with 6Mbit front and 2Mbit rear.

They rival WiFi G-Net Classic Limited has twice better bit-rate specification

Front 1080p / 24fps / 12Mbps
Rear 720p / 20fps / 5Mbps

viewtopic.php?f=12&t=1646

Yeah was talking about the video bitrate, that's the spec they list on their website for this model, 30fps front and rear but still going to suffer at those rates I think

jokiin said:
Yeah was talking about the video bitrate, that's the spec they list on their website for this model, 30fps front and rear but still going to suffer at those rates I think

If this is not a misprint from Pittasoft ( 6Mbit front and 2Mbit rear ), ...... what they are doing there in R&D department there ? !! Shame !

niko said:
jokiin said:

If this is not a misprint from Pittasoft ( 6Mbit front and 2Mbit rear ), ...... what they are doing there in R&D department there ? !! Shame !

I think (personally) they have put too much emphasis on the importance of WiFi access and have had to give away quality to make it workable, little point being able to access files if the quality is not there, their product and their choices so I guess only they can live with the end result and how that is accepted

jokiin said:
niko said:
jokiin said:

I think (personally) they have put too much emphasis on the importance of WiFi access and have had to give away quality to make it workable, little point being able to access files if the quality is not there, their product and their choices so I guess only they can live with the end result and how that is accepted

Overall I am happy with most other Korean dash cams manufacturers, but NOT PITTASOFT !!! For such a big company doing things wrong and not listening to the end consumer opinions and proposition, - is a big shame on them !
Now we need to wait until Russians again will hack firmware and rising a bit-rate :cool: , but not sure how CPU will react on processing twice as much data, maybe can be overheating issues after rising a bit-rate.

niko said:
jokiin said:
Now we need to wait until Russians again will hack firmware and rising a bit-rate :cool: , but not sure how CPU will react on processing twice as much data, maybe can be overheating issues after rising a bit-rate.
but pittasuck might have learnt from this model to change their code so people cant hack it, then were screwed.
but if they do this they are only digging their own grave as I certainly am looking elsewhere but my funds don't permit anything else for a few months.

wozzzzza said:
but pittasuck might have learnt from this model to change their code so people cant hack it, then were screwed.
but if they do this they are only digging their own grave as I certainly am looking elsewhere but my funds don't permit anything else for a few months.

I don't know that having a $300+ product that an end user then needs to use an unofficial firmware on to get acceptable performance from is a good business model, not sure who makes the decisions there but they seem to be off the mark for the last few products they've done, have seen a ton of feedback from end users and nothing they have done seems to have addressed the points that constantly get raised, a shame because I think they make nice looking product, looks aren't everything though

Back