blink and you miss it

Oh deer... did you actually see it coming?

no. i timed it afterwards. from the moment it stepped unto the grass till it as on the screen was 3 seconds. plus he camera will have a wider angle of viewunless you are looking at that spot at the exact moment it came out.

Ouch.. how bad is the damage?

Ouch.. how bad is the damage?
luckily i was swing don for the island so no damage to the car other than windscreen, and no damage to my person either. if i was going faster, or a bigger animal and it could have been in my car or glass in my eyes or throat or something even worse

bambi strike.jpg

oh man, glad it did not go through the windscreen. I hit one at 70 mph in my mini. They come out of nowhere.

Remarkably light for that time of day in Telford ;)
Glad nobody was hurt but shame about Bambi.

i have to admit... when i started watching the video and got to about 45 seconds, i figured i was being trolled and closed the video, since the only thing "remarkable" i'd noticed was that your wipers weren't clearing the area in front of the lens very well. then i saw other people here asking about damage, so i went back in and re-watched. happened to fast-forward to the exact moment of impact, and the sound made me jump off my chair :D

bambi probably kept right on running and didn't learn from it. deer are amazingly stupid animals.

glad you're ok and the damage is minimal. looks like you might need a little paint work on the bonnet, and a new wiper arm/blade to go with the new glass, but all simple repairs.

a friend of mine hit a deer in his mom's car many years ago - knocked off the front license plate, scratched the bumper, broke the center grille and took a chunk out of the plastic sunroof wind deflector, and that's it. somehow didn't damage the hood(bonnet) or windshield at all.

The music ain't bad :D and glad you weren't hurt. Lots of deer here where I live- I've seen carcasses by the road 1.5 and 2 miles from here this year- closer than ever before- and the 2 mile deer was in a densely populated area while the 1.5 mile one was at the edge of town where the forest starts. I grew up very near there and nobody has seen a deer near there since the 1950's as far as I can tell :eek:

Smart folks around here drive slowly on the wood-lined back roads when the deer mating season is on; the bucks will be at a full run and they aren't looking where they're going :p Keeps the auto body repair shops busy for a whole month :cool:

Phil

Back