Blurry Video, Mobius 2 D lens

No F1 today. Because, "Delay in delivery due to weather or natural disaster."
The package is in Chicago. I'm here. Weather is fine. No natural bad anything.
Guess the delivery person did not show up after the Super Bowl.

Still time, but Amazon will extend the return date till after we get back.
That's good to know, but I'll probably keep the camera.
Unless, by March 18, Tony has found a great new, impossible to pass up, camera to review :)

Last edited:
... I've spent perhaps 20-30 hours putting together a camera or lens review

Tony, it shows. Your reviews are one of the best. No, the best, I've ever seen. No stone unturned. You even check, the stuff you've already checked. Redo the whole test if necessary. And, your reviews include more than opening a package, or posting videos. You cover all aspects pertaining to the camera. While popular, these cams are a niche product. So losing your reviews would be a huge lost for everyone interested in these types of cameras. A big hole for people shopping these products. Please, understand, you ARE helping. You know this already, but keep in mind, you're not reviewing an iPhone or Samsung product. So, as mentioned above, your stuff is essential to the "Mini" business. But unfortunately, for reviewing numbers, ain't many of us in the market. But, wow! Your stuff is GREAT! Thank you.

Last edited:
It's zznoname's thread and it has indeed gone off-topic in various ways, but he seems happy with that.

And thank you to our moderator, for allowed me to, "get it all out", here in this thread.
I'm a sloppy enough writer, and spreading my discombobulated posts all around this board would be bad.

Ops! Guess that's off-topic. AGAIN!
Darn.

Thank you to the moderators and people responsible for the forum (designers also). Most of all, the people that put in their time to make my life better.

Many know more than me, and tested thoroughly (results are everywhere). But @ 99 US$, buy the F1.

It's seems unfair to disparage a vulnerable camera as the Mobius. And, maybe the Maxi is the bomb. But after 5 minutes I knew the F1 was a real camera, and the M1 a toy.

The point is... the M1 was GREAT in it's time. Super great. But for $20 - 30 more (who cares how much, there is no comparison) you can get a real camera, with serous adjustments features... anyway... blab, blab, blab. It's all in the F1 thread.

Basically, just want to say thank you for turning me on to this camera.

Whew!

Last edited:
I was a bit worried when I suggested that you 'take a look at' the F1 and then you bought one the next day, so I'm glad that you like it.

I think the F1 is a very good camera. Not perfect as a primary dashcam but certainly capable of doing well in a number of uses.

I find the M1 is still better in some situations, so it's not finished yet.

Just to say... I purchased extra batteries that are compatible with the F1 . So, instead of using the power bank to charge the F1. Like running a cable down my neck, or attaching a power bank to the F1 as posted, "somewhere". All I have to do is use the power bank to charge the dual battery charger. Carry that in my pack. So very cool. Big thanks. Problem solved 10x over. So many gifts from you all on this thread. And this was one of the big ones. Very much thanks.

Last edited:
I have thought about sending you my M2...
@TonyM just keep in your mind about the Mobius 2.
The Mobius 2 is on my mind. That's because I've lost it!

Initially I thought it was in my wife's car, but then I remembered I had swapped it for a Mobius 1 with 4mm lens. So then I started looking for it and figured I knew where it was, but that turned out to be another unused Mobius 1 also with a 4mm lens. If I do find it I'll let you know....

I can only think of fewer than 10 DCT members who have possessed a Mobius 2, even less who still use one. Unfortunately it's a rather un-loved camera. You're probably getting responses here because it's currently an active discussion thread.

I have an A129 thread with 355 views and no replies. I have other threads with over 1000 views and barely a single reply. Occasionally I've spent perhaps 20-30 hours putting together a camera or lens review and had almost no responses. Sometimes I really feel like packing up and walking away from DCT. But once in a while I get the feeling that I might have helped someone, so I stick around a while longer.

And then @TonyM, sometimes you'll start a thread that currently has over 24 thousand views and 681 replies. Not bad!. :) Sometimes it's about answering a question or helping someone and sometimes it's about a thread that is of compelling interest to members.

And then @TonyM, sometimes you'll start a thread that currently has over 24 thousand views and 681 replies. Not bad!. :) Sometimes it's about answering a question or helping someone and sometimes it's about a thread that is of compelling interest to members.
Yes, I know. It's been a difficult week. I was trying to give jmdlcar some context on why he wasn't getting replies in his thread about the M2.

My Maxi threads seem to be rather popular too :unsure: (22/32K views and 435/571 replies)

The Mobius 2 is on my mind. That's because I've lost it!

Initially I thought it was in my wife's car, but then I remembered I had swapped it for a Mobius 1 with 4mm lens. So then I started looking for it and figured I knew where it was, but that turned out to be another unused Mobius 1 also with a 4mm lens. If I do find it I'll let you know....
Maybe one of these days and when I can I might get a Mobius 1 but the newer one. That I can compare them both on what they can do. That is a big IF.

If you just want to review the video quickly you can pop the card out and put it in one of these, which are small enough to fit in any travel bag.
https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/B012PMCZIA I keep one in the car to view or copy dashcam video to my phone.

Everything going good in CKG. Tested the F1 today on the road to Roxy Mas (tech mall). Posted the shortest clip I could find.
There is a Youtube 4K setting you can try out.

Stupid me, with a new laptop, left the editing software at home. NP, don't edit on the road, but would have been helpful.

Because...

The C1 microSD Reader above will not play 4K video using a Tab A > U3 SD cards. Just locks up. Have to load the 4K videos onto HD to play. Won't play properly out of the F1 also.

Of course, Tony was referencing the M1 and that data rate, so the results are probably expected.

Would any one know of a simple 4K clipping software? Maybe a product without loss or extra compression?

Anyway... happy camper with this F1. Setting it up, (or making quick adjustments) are a breeze using the WiFi and Live Viewing. And Dashmellow's power bank suggestion is crucial. Makes like a lot easier. Especially on the motor, and hour long rides.

@zznonameFor example, you could get a little Anker 3350mAh "Lipstick-Sized" Power-Core

Last edited:
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
D Mobius 2 / M2 11
Back