Bought a Dab205

Yes you are right. But it will not be loop recording which I have set for 3 minutes. Motion detection is around 1 minute maximum and it will loop again. Parking mode is different, it will only activate when the camera is switch off. You can try by switching off the camera, shake the camera, it will automatic switch on and show Event recording in progress.

Yes you are right. But it will not be loop recording which I have set for 3 minutes. Motion detection is around 1 minute maximum and it will loop again. Parking mode is different, it will only activate when the camera is switch off. You can try by switching off the camera, shake the camera, it will automatic switch on and show Event recording in progress.
It only records when motion is detected ahead, and automatically turns off when no motion. Remember loop is not necessary in this case!
Parking mode as you say, I agree!

It only records when motion is detected ahead, and automatically turns off when no motion. Remember loop is not necessary in this case!
Parking mode as you say, I agree!
Yes, I agreed to the motion detection function. What I mean is when the camera is constantly powered even when engine is off, the easiest way to switch back to normal recording mode from motion detection mode is to switch off and switch on the camera. When the camera is switch on again, it will be normal recording mode. To switch back to motion detection mode, just have to press OK button to stop recording. Once it stop recording, when there is motion, it will start recording till there is no motion. I have tried driving with motion detection mode, it will loop when it record for around 1 minute. For motion detection, the loop has a 3 seconds gap which will not be recorded. For normal recording, the loop files are prefect, there is no gap in between the files. My testings are based on having the camera powered constantly without switching off even when the engine is off.

Yes, I agreed to the motion detection function. What I mean is when the camera is constantly powered even when engine is off, the easiest way to switch back to normal recording mode from motion detection mode is to switch off and switch on the camera. When the camera is switch on again, it will be normal recording mode. To switch back to motion detection mode, just have to press OK button to stop recording. Once it stop recording, when there is motion, it will start recording till there is no motion. I have tried driving with motion detection mode, it will loop when it record for around 1 minute. For motion detection, the loop has a 3 seconds gap which will not be recorded. For normal recording, the loop files are prefect, there is no gap in between the files. My testings are based on having the camera powered constantly without switching off even when the engine is off.
This is good information. Thanks. When camera is off, parking mode is on and the camera detects an impact and starts recording, when does it stop recording? Or does it just continue until you get back to your car?

This is good information. Thanks. When camera is off, parking mode is on and the camera detects an impact and starts recording, when does it stop recording? Or does it just continue until you get back to your car?
It will stop recording after 30 seconds, but need to set the Auto Off mode, if not it will continue as normal driving recording mode until the camera battery flat. Please take note it will be depending on the battery life of the camera. There will be no recording before the impact.

Anyone change the mount holder? My suction holder shake on uneven road. A few of my videos shake quite badly.

I believe he has the DAB205. You sure the "ball joint" is tight?

Hey does anyone know if there's a way to increase the amount of video that is saved prior to pressing the event button? It only seems to go back about ten seconds when you press the button and I'm never that quick to it. Usually end up having to look at the time stamp of the saved video and go find the video before it to get the part that I want. I didn't see any settings for that in the menu. The last 60 or 90 seconds would be much nicer.

Hey does anyone know if there's a way to increase the amount of video that is saved prior to pressing the event button? It only seems to go back about ten seconds when you press the button and I'm never that quick to it. Usually end up having to look at the time stamp of the saved video and go find the video before it to get the part that I want. I didn't see any settings for that in the menu. The last 60 or 90 seconds would be much nicer.
No, you can't change it unfortunately. I'm not sure any camera lets you change that time, though they may save more than 10 seconds before. I believe it saves 10 seconds before and 50 seconds after.

Hello.
What is currently the latest firmware for DAB205?
Where you take the firmware (contact the manufacturer or a section on the website firmware producer)?
Thank you!

Latest I have is v2771. You can find it on my website under the download section.

And yet, where did you appear with the latest firmware?

I am a Dome retailer and they sent me that version.
Can I ask you to contact a representative of the DOME and show him my message (more precisely Screenshot car dvr under spoiler) http://4pda.ru/forum/index.php?showtopic=713618&view=findpost&p=54268091
Because you are retayler Dome, maybe he can help me to answer the question is a problem in the firmware or a hardware problem?
I have a problem When HDR function is activated.
Maybe it will make the new firmware.
Thank you very much!

Last edited:
Can I ask you to contact a representative of the DOME and show him my message (more precisely Screenshot car dvr under spoiler) http://4pda.ru/forum/index.php?showtopic=713618&view=findpost&p=54268091
Because you are retayler Dome, maybe he can help me to answer the question is a problem in the firmware or a hardware problem?
I have a problem When HDR function is activated.
Maybe it will make the new firmware.
Thank you very much!
What version are you running? If you want to try another version, go to my site and download a different version from the download section.

What version are you running? If you want to try another version, go to my site and download a different version from the download section.
I've tried the version: 2534 2560 2771.
The result is the same with the activated HDR function.

Back