Bought a Dab205

Hi CaptureYourAction
I have just returned my faulty DAB 205. I would like to try DAB 202 with CPL lens. Can you quote me the shipping cost to Asia, Singapore?
@Bathory
Send me a private message with your address and I'll get a shipping cost for you tomorrow.

Hi CaptureYourAction
Did you used d201?
I have 201 and i have overheating problems. The camera works well but all the time it's overheated. I use the original charger. It's also works overheated without no charging.
Could you help me?

Hi CaptureYourAction
Did you used d201?
I have 201 and i have overheating problems. The camera works well but all the time it's overheated. I use the original charger. It's also works overheated without no charging.
Could you help me?
Sorry, are you asking if I use the DAB201 or if I sell used DAB201?

I no longer sell the DAB201. I use the DAB202 in my wife's car and haven't had any overheating problems. Is the camera shutting down or do you just feel it's hotter than it should be? What Memory card are you using? A12 chips run hot, so I wouldn't be concerned if the camera itself is warm/hot.

@CaptureYourAction

First of all thanks. I asked about your experience with using dab201.
I feel hotter than it should be. The camera isn't shotting down yet, but it is always hot. No matter in day or night. Buy didn't stop working. I use netac 64 gb class 10 u3 micro sd.
And also i think like you and concerned. I have no idea is it normal or is there anything wrong

@CaptureYourAction

First of all thanks. I asked about your experience with using dab201.
I feel hotter than it should be. The camera isn't shotting down yet, but it is always hot. No matter in day or night. Buy didn't stop working. I use netac 64 gb class 10 u3 micro sd.
And also i think like you and concerned. I have no idea is it normal or is there anything wrong
I think your fine. The A12 chip runs hot. The front metal casing probably makes it feel even hotter.

Can you comment on exactly how hot it is getting?
Are you able to grab it without being burned?
Has this heat caused any issues?

I bought dab201 nearly 4 weeks ago. When the camera turn on with powerbank or car charger doesn't matter getting hots rapidly. Not stopped recording or damages files yet. But i think if it works overheat like now, i am afraid the cam will be closed forever. The front metal case is overheated all the time, also in the night. I can not decide this is normal or not?

Still need some kind of idea how hot it actually gets.
Are you able to keep your hands/fingers against it when it gets to this condition?

Sure. And also i can check the degrees with a surface thermometer before and after in office tomorrow. Or record a short video.

Sure. And also i can check the degrees with a surface thermometer before and after in office tomorrow. Or record a short video.
One of the (now inexpensive) point-and-shoot thermometers should tell you exactly what you are dealing with. The next step might be to check at least the specs of the A12 to see if it's running within normal parameters. I wonder if someone knows?

But of course if the thing is running at the top-end of its specs all the time, that WOULD seem to indicate that its operational life might be shortened. But if not, then just stop touching it!

I think the most important thing here is... if you are really concerned and dismayed and you purchased the camera on amazon almost a month ago, that you go ahead and return the unit while you still can.

The DAB's with the A12 all run hot. It's the A12 chip. I don't know what the "normal" running temp should be. The 202 and 201 both have a metal front casing which will absorb the the heat better than the plastic front of the 205. If you car has been sitting in the sun, then that will only exacerbate the issue. Though I don't think it's an issue. If your camera is running fine and your happy with it, I wouldn't worry about it. If your unhappy with it's performance, then that's another thing.

When the camera turn on with powerbank or car charger doesn't matter getting hots rapidly.

This comment has been something I've been thinking about since you posted it. I just went and did a test using my DAB-202.

Test method:

Car in garage so sun was not a factor.
Check camera for temperature using fingers and palm.
Turn on Camera for 10 minutes. Display on for the duration.
Recheck camera using fingers and palm.

Results:

The camera temperature was pretty much the same before and after.
If anything there was a SLIGHT warming that I could feel on the left front. (looking from the display side)
Had I not been specifically looking for a change, it would have gone unnoticed.

Hope that helps with your decision.

Have you tried running it without a memory card to see if it still gets really hot? Maybe even just trying a different card?

@CaptureYourAction @iptelman
good nights dear friends..
i am writing from turkey and now i'm starting to upload photos after my job..
so pls forgive my writing falses
and now let's start
the picture 1313 is the first measurement before start but used max five minutes in car at night temperature:27.1 C
the picture 1314 after 10 minutes working with powerbank xiaomi 10.000 mah with netac 64 gb class 10 u3 micro sd temperature:31.4 C
the picture 1315, 1316 , 1317 after 30 minutes working with powerbank xiaomi 10.000 mah with netac 64 gb class 10 u3 micro sc. the different temperatures of the dab201 front.
i waited half an hour and the temperature belows 28.6 C
the picture 1321 after ten minutes working with powerbank xiaomi 10.000 mah with samsung evo+ 64 gb class 10 u1 micro sd
the picture 1323 after 30 minutes working with powerbank xiaomi 10.000 mah with samsung evo+ 64 gb class 10 u1 micro sd
i am really amateur in electronics also dash cams.
thanks...

Attachments

• IMG_1313.JPG
    IMG_1313.JPG
    136.2 KB · Views: 15
  • IMG_1314.JPG
    IMG_1314.JPG
    104.4 KB · Views: 11
  • IMG_1316.JPG
    IMG_1316.JPG
    101.7 KB · Views: 12
  • IMG_1315.JPG
    IMG_1315.JPG
    126.5 KB · Views: 12
  • IMG_1317.JPG
    IMG_1317.JPG
    117.9 KB · Views: 11
  • IMG_1321.JPG
    IMG_1321.JPG
    98.3 KB · Views: 12
  • IMG_1323.JPG
    IMG_1323.JPG
    104.5 KB · Views: 13
Does the bottom temp in the display represent ambient temp? If not what was the ambient?
40c isn't all that hot assuming the ambient is up there...

Just my opinion.

also i tested the dab201 in my house after 21:00 in local time. So sun wasn't a factor too

It's so hard making decisions that affect someone else. :)
My opinion is that those temps are not a problem.

Back