Bought a Dab205

UsualWolf

Reaction score
Country
United States
After doing a lot of research I decided to go with a dome-205. All I care about is reliability and forward image quality and so I took the plunge. So far so good, happy with the 1440p and it is much better than my g1w which suffered from bad build quality.

Just wanted to give some feedback.

Here's some pictures of my installation, including my old g1w which was superglued together... twice :X.

packaged.JPG whatIgot.JPG oldcam.jpg sizecomp.JPG

Attachments

• mount.JPG
    mount.JPG
    105.4 KB · Views: 26
You got the Dome Travel brand. Did you get it from a Chinese EBay seller? Does the firmware have the option for the speed in MPH?

Anyone who might be interested in buying a DAB205, I should have some in stock by the end of the week. These will be Neutral stock (not Dome Travel brand). Same camera just in a different box and without the Chinese markings on the front case.

Yeah off ebay. Couldn't find any speed option.

Got some stock of the DAB205's in today for those that might be interested in that model. Same specs as the DAB201 and DAB202. The look and feel is more like the 202 though.

I can't find the thread where someone asked about the firmware for this model, but it turns out that you can use the same firmware for the DAB205 as the other 2 models. In fact, DAB205 models purchased from me will have the DAB202 firmware installed.

Got some stock of the DAB205's in today for those that might be interested in that model. Same specs as the DAB201 and DAB202. The look and feel is more like the 202 though.

I can't find the thread where someone asked about the firmware for this model, but it turns out that you can use the same firmware for the DAB205 as the other 2 models. In fact, DAB205 models purchased from me will have the DAB202 firmware installed.

I think it was me asking about whether the DAB205 could use DAB201 firmware. Thanks for the excellent news. I was about to regret getting the DAB205 as the firmware that comes with the camera is very old (it doesn't even have HDR settings) and I couldn't find DAB205 firmware anywhere. Again, thanks for the info.

Yes it only has km/h. I feel like it may have fewer features than advertised (haven't found lane detection, HDR or collision detection).

Video quality seems very good, can't make out plates at night but or from too far away (60+ yards?) but still pretty sharp. The fov is much lower than advertised... it is advertised as having 178 degrees of vision but it is about the same as my G1W.

I have seen the 178 degree view on some listings, but it's 170. If you use the DAB202 firmware, it should give you the options you mentioned. Will give you the option of MPH too. Odd that your firmware is that old. Did you just buy the camera?

Last edited:
... Odd that your firmware is that old. Did you just buy the camera?
I ordered the camera more than a month ago but just received it a few days ago. I successfully upgraded the firmware to a DAB202 firmware posted by you. It seems to be working just like my DAB201 now. I'm going to test it more. Thanks again.

Firmware is a12-dt-a12-a55-g-1908w

I just bought it, but it is possible that it has been sitting on a warehouse shelf for months.

I'd update to the latest version. 2386 I think it is. It will work fine in the DAB205. Hard to say how much older your camera is. They haven't been out that long. The newer models do have a little different mount style than yours.

Hi all

I also received Dab205 but correct name i think is Dome Travel S8 for this one. I also have same firmware as UsualWolf's cam have A12-dt-a12a55-g-1908w. So where can I find firmwares for this device? Also there is no 60fps for 1080p. there is only 50fps and I don't know why. szdome also have same cam and which one is original or I don't know :/

Thanks

Hi all

I also received Dab205 but correct name i think is Dome Travel S8 for this one. I also have same firmware as UsualWolf's cam have A12-dt-a12a55-g-1908w. So where can I find firmwares for this device? Also there is no 60fps for 1080p. there is only 50fps and I don't know why. szdome also have same cam and which one is original or I don't know :/

Thanks

check the frequency setting or PAL/NTSC setting in the menu, will be set to suit China by default which is most likely why you'd see 50fps

check the frequency setting or PAL/NTSC setting in the menu, will be set to suit China by default which is most likely why you'd see 50fps
Thanks i changed pal to ntsc and now i see 1080p have 60fps.

Dome travel s8 and szdome dab205 are same cams or not?

Yeah, the S8 and DAB205 are the same camera. Dome Travel is Dome own line for the European market. They have 3 different lines plus they usually sell some of the cameras as neutral stock. Neutral stock just won't have any Chinese lettering on the casing. You can use the same firmware as the DAB202. You should be able to find it in another thread. I can list it here to if you can't find it.

After doing a lot of research I decided to go with a dome-205. All I care about is reliability and forward image quality and so I took the plunge. So far so good, happy with the 1440p and it is much better than my g1w which suffered from bad build quality.

Just wanted to give some feedback.

Could you please share the ebay link you made the purchase?

Yeah, the S8 and DAB205 are the same camera. Dome Travel is Dome own line for the European market. They have 3 different lines plus they usually sell some of the cameras as neutral stock. Neutral stock just won't have any Chinese lettering on the casing. You can use the same firmware as the DAB202. You should be able to find it in another thread. I can list it here to if you can't find it.
pls can you give me correct thead link and changelog for new firmware. tnx

Back