Brand new ThiEYE E7 - can’t download videos

Youngfortinbras

Reaction score
Country
United States
Ok, who is up for a challenge? I am almost ready to throw in the towel.

I just got my ThiEYE E7 on Friday. I have been unable to get the videos from the cam onto a computer or iPad or iPhone.

1. The WiFi connection is very very flaky. It only connects on my iPad Pro, not at all on my iPhone 6S. The default password (supposedly 1234567890) has never worked. I can only get it to connect through the QR code on the iPad. I have tried resetting the WiFi settings to the default setting but this has had no effect.

2. The app. Oh my god. What is it good for? I can see in the app only what my cam sees at that moment. I cannot start recording. There are no buttons in the app to control the cam. I also cannot view (let alone edit) the videos I’ve already made. The “album” page is just empty. The app literally has no function beyond seeing what the tiny screen on the cam sees.

3. So far, so bad. I want the videos I record on one of my devices, be it my iPad or my phone or my computer. I can’t get this to work.

Strike 1: Like I said, the app does nothing for me. It shows a blank page when I go into the album section. How I do I view the videos on the SD card? Anyone have any tips?

Strike 2: Today I bought an Apple branded Lightning to SD Card Camera Reader. Because the app is useless I figured I could perhaps import the videos to my iPhone or iPad this way. The device does work but it will only import the photos onto my iPad, not the videos. Arghh! I think this is a file type issue. Any ideas? Obviously I can’t format the videos if I can’t get them off the cam or SD card.

Strike 3: I tried connecting the cam directly to my laptop through a USB cable. No luck, my computer just wanted to format the card (which I have already done in the cam btw). Mind you, my computer is a 2006 Windows XP computer so I don’t expect much from it. I hardly ever use it anymore because I have an iPad Pro these days.

Three strikes! But there is more.

Strike 4: I found a YouTube video that explained how you can log into your cam’s IP address and download your files through your browser. It means you have to do an ipconfig on Windows to find your cam’s default gateway. I tried this but my laptop didn’t even recognize my cam (see strike 3). Does anyone know what the default gateway IP address is for the ThiEYE E7?

OUT!

I am usually pretty good with gadgets but this one has tested me to my breaking point.

I will take the cam to work on Monday and see if any of my office computers can read the SD card. But that still doesn’t fix my issue of wanting to view the videos on my iPad or iPhone.

- Is this app really so useless or is mine loopy?
- does anyone know or could anyone check what the default gateway IP is for the ThiEYE E7 for me?
- any additional ideas on how to get the video files off the SD card and on to my iPad Pro?

THANK YOU!!

Attachments

• DD47D906-9A5B-4D85-B750-D928A632B32E.png
    DD47D906-9A5B-4D85-B750-D928A632B32E.png
    688.1 KB · Views: 1
you need a third party card reader to view the files on your Apple devices, it won't work with the genuine ones

pulling the memory card and using a card reader with your laptop is probably going to be the easiest solution

Hi Joklin, thank you for giving me another option to try!

Should I buy any third party card reader or should I look out for a particular one with additional features?

I am hoping to keep my laptop out of the setup as I’m going on a road trip where I’ll want to upload daily videos to YouTube. I was hoping to use LumaFusion on the iPad Pro and avoid the bulky, unwieldy laptop that has no editing software.

Should I buy any third party card reader or should I look out for a particular one with additional features?

some of the third party iOS card readers work better than others, I'm not sure which is the best currently, I know @OCD Tronic has posted about these previously and might be able to point you in the right direction

some of the third party iOS card readers work better than others, I'm not sure which is the best currently, I know @OCD Tronic has posted about these previously and might be able to point you in the right direction

The one I was using stopped working since it wasn’t MFI certified. We think we sourced a product that will work but it needs further testing first.

that's the risk with the non MFi ones, they may only work up until the next iOS version gets released

Back