Broken A118 / B40. Stopped working. Black, blank screen when powered (no recording)

vanxkx

Reaction score
Country
Canada
Hi all,

I've had my A118 / B40 (battery version) for 16 months with continuous use and noticed a few days ago the screen went black, and is now blank when powered on. There is no menu, startup image, or anything whatsoever aside from the white power-on light when plugged in/powered. I'm still able to press/hold down the power button to turn the device off.

Checking the memory card, the last video file became corrupted and since then has stopped recording (probably a couple days before I noticed it stopped working).

Anyone have any similar experiences?

Maybe I should just resolve my unit has met it's unfortunate demise and I should look into replacing it.

Attachments

• IMG_1616.JPG
    IMG_1616.JPG
    368 KB · Views: 22
You can try replacing a battery and see if this helps.

Thanks for the replies.

Will purchase a battery and replace it so it can be reused, probably as a secondary camera or as a hand-me down. A good time to look at what's available on the market, was planning on upgrading in a few months.

Funny thing is I have three A118C's on hand with me as I type this. Bought them as gifts for the in-laws arriving today (another one was given away already to my dad).

Ironic.

Very impressed with the Street Guardian SG9665GC, Canadian dollar is killing me from pulling trigger yet (and I just purchased 4 A118C dash cams with all the fixings).

Also starting to see other NT9665x / Sony IMX322 dash cams out now like the nanoQ 0903, Anytek A3, and others with unique-looking form factors:

Decisions, decisions...

Decisions, decisions...

If you can't decide ;)

a_throw_of_the_dice_by_theghostvirus-d4ka37t.jpg

the a119 will be out fairly soon... but then if you're like me, you feel naked without a dashcam. which is why i have one that uses a suction cup so i can put it in whatever i'm driving - usually for rentals, but could be anything.

Back