Budget dash cam suggestions

Kingston73

Reaction score
Country
United States
I am looking to put a dash cam into a teen driver's vehicle and have some specific requirements. The biggest requirement is it needs to have some type of battery conservation/auto shut off feature because her vehicle has constant power to the cig ligher/accessory outlets and I can't figure out how to convert them into switched power outlets. I don't want her to have to think about the camera so I'd like it to be unobtrusive but also not drain the car's battery. I'd like to keep it under/around the $100 mark. Suggestions and opinions are welcome, thank you

I am looking to put a dash cam into a teen driver's vehicle and have some specific requirements. The biggest requirement is it needs to have some type of battery conservation/auto shut off feature because her vehicle has constant power to the cig ligher/accessory outlets and I can't figure out how to convert them into switched power outlets. I don't want her to have to think about the camera so I'd like it to be unobtrusive but also not drain the car's battery. I'd like to keep it under/around the $100 mark. Suggestions and opinions are welcome, thank you
Answered here : https://dashcamtalk.com/forum/threads/a119-and-battery-drain-question.49765/

Back