Buffered Parking mode

Done already...

The latest beta version did not work for me, so there's more work to be done.

Tony-

So, do I understand this correctly? The Viofo engineers needed to correct the g-sensor sensitivity on the A129 Duo so that it could go off when necessary in Buffered Parking Mode. - - Then, the Viofo engineers made "some change" to the firmware so that this could be accomplished; and when you tested it, it did not work?!?!? - - This seems very, very strange!

Are there other "big issues" with the A129 that need addressing as well? What the heck are the Viofo engineers accomplishing if they can't address/fix the main problem: - - g-sensor not working in buffered parking mode with the A129 Duo???

I'm not taking this out on you Tony, but is sounds like Viofo is in need of some competent engineers!!!

I think Tony is now understanding why Viofo don't immediately respond to every question with a detailed response :D

Tony-

So, do I understand this correctly? The Viofo engineers needed to correct the g-sensor sensitivity on the A129 Duo so that it could go off when necessary in Buffered Parking Mode. - - Then, the Viofo engineers made "some change" to the firmware so that this could be accomplished; and when you tested it, it did not work?!?!? - - This seems very, very strange!
there will be some other underlying issue, the G-Sensor value adjustment is a single change that no engineer would get wrong so it's going to be something other than just adjusting the sensitivity

there will be some other underlying issue, the G-Sensor value adjustment is a single change that no engineer would get wrong so it's going to be something other than just adjusting the sensitivity

Jokiin-

Thanks for your reply. Unlike another recent reply, you at least add some new/helpful information. Thanks for that!

So, what makes no sense to me is that Viofo obviously does some testing in their labs before sending a product out for testing or for consumer use. It's clear that they sent out a product with the "same defect" that the firmware had before sending it out to beta testers like Tony!!! - - Why would they do that?

Even if there were 11 variables, which I'm sure there isn't, wouldn't Viofo's engineers get it narrowed down and get it right before sending it out for testing? - - Sending out a "broken product" for testing is just as ludicrous has sending us A129 Duo users a "non-beta version 1.9" that does not work! - - Viofo obviously knew that before they sent it out to us consumers. - - And if this is a matter that the Viofo engineer team doesn't have the competence to resolve, perhaps they could reach out to other engineers who know how to solve this problem. - - Otherwise, we consumers will be waiting months for this problem to ever get fixed.

I think Tony is now understanding why Viofo don't immediately respond to every question with a detailed response
I think very few people are asking them too! :) We are learning over time they're not capable of or don't want to take "5 minutes" of their time to do so! ;)

Does the g-sensor work in other parking modes (time lapse, low bit rate)?

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

two things, one I think this is something they can fix, two it's a lot more complex than people understand
Chances are if they had well documented and commented code, it would be a 5 minute job to alter the values at which the g sensor operates.

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

guarantee you it is not a problem with the values

Jokiin-

You are probably one of the most knowledgeable people posting on this thread... I assume that is because you are in the industry.

Average consumers on this thread, including myself, are of course clueless about the technology and the factors that go into correcting the problem we are facing with the A129 Duo.

But doesn't it strike you at least a little strange that @viofo said over a month ago that this problem would be corrected within a month. And now, they are saying they have no idea at all when this problem will be corrected. It's almost as if solving this problem is out of their league!

Knowing what you know jokiin, how long would you expect a "reasonable time period" would be to solve this issue?

Normally, a good adage for any business is to "under-promise and over-deliver" rather than "over promise and not deliver!" - - Sadly, the later seems to be the case thus far with @viofo.

Beta testing can sometimes be like this. If they got everything perfect each time, there would be no need for beta testers.

I have no doubt that it worked on the engineer's desk before it was sent out. Occasionally, as in this case, changing one thing has had an unintended effect on the camera function, at least in my car.

I'm not taking this out on you Tony, but is sounds like Viofo is in need of some competent engineers!!!
I think Tony is now understanding why Viofo don't immediately respond to every question with a detailed response :D
I think very few people are asking them too! :) We are learning over time they're not capable of or don't want to take "5 minutes" of their time to do so! ;)
I took a few minutes to provide a simple update, saying that the issue had not been forgotten, and that another FW had been released for beta testing. I thought that might be helpful.

Instead of keeping users happy with the knowledge that something was being done, it prompted further discussion, frustration, and more questions to answer.

That's possibly why Viofo don't always take 'just 5 minutes' to reply in these forums. I know that's why another company that I test for does not get involved in forum debates.

I open the box of frames problem too?:devilish: Just kidding,I'm waiting patiently for that..:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Likely it's just taking longer than anticipated, custom code generally takes more time

It's clear it's taking "longer than anticipated". I suspect a large part of that delay is due to this issue not being Viofo's priority.

Bill Zhou even said that his engineers were working on the A129 Pro when I inquired about the delay in the updated A129 firmware.

The A129 Pro is due to be released within 1 - 2 months. I'm willing to bet that "our problem with the A129 Duo"won't be resolved until after Viofo's new product (A129 Pro) is released.

If Viofo's engineers have the ability to write custom code to get the g-sensor to work in driving mode, surely they can write the proper code for it to work in parking mode! In fact, presumably they've already written that code for the new A129 Pro.

And one would think that after Viofo did all the months of beta testing of versions 1.7, 1.8 and 1.9 that a major issue like the A129 Duo not working in parking mode would have been resolved by now.

Btw, a newer member recently asked if the g-sensor works in "any parking mode". I may have missed it, but I don't think anyone replied to his question...

They don't have to write any code for the G-Sensor to work in driving mode, it's a standard feature in the SDK

Quite possible that the code will be used in the A129PRO also so just because they're working on that model doesn't mean the A129 isn't going to get the same fixes applied, the same development is often shared across several models

They may not be updating users as to the progress but I wouldn't read too much into that, most brands don't offer that kind of info, nothing unusual

They don't have to write any code for the G-Sensor to work in driving mode, it's a standard feature in the SDK

Quite possible that the code will be used in the A129PRO also so just because they're working on that model doesn't mean the A129 isn't going to get the same fixes applied, the same development is often shared across several models

They may not be updating users as to the progress but I wouldn't read too much into that, most brands don't offer that kind of info, nothing unusual

My son is a computer engineer. If it took him this long to resolve a coding problem, I would imagine he'd find himself looking for another job.

Once again, Viofo already did months and months of beta testing on the A129 Duo. - This is a good lesson for current and prospective customers of what Viofo is and isn't capable of doing...

My son is a computer engineer. If it took him this long to resolve a coding problem, I would imagine he'd find himself looking for another job.
Looking at your location, maybe he works for GoPro?

They have yet to get even the basics like auto start and loop recording to work, let alone recording 4K without overheating after a few minutes!

Looking at your location, maybe he works for GoPro?

They have yet to get even the basics like auto start and loop recording to work, let alone recording 4K without overheating after a few minutes!

Nigel, I don't own a GoPro, I own a a129 Duo so I'm not really concerned with their camera issues. Since you brought GoPro into this discussion you must be able to tell us if it takes them and inordinate amount of time to fix their camera's. It would be interesting to know but not of importance like getting Viofo to fix its problems. So what's your point? If Viofo wanted they could have ended this discussion themselves by just making a post just telling their a129 customers what the current situation is with repairs to the a129 being worked on/or not. I guess it's just easier if you don't know to say nothing. I do have one thing to be thankful to Viofo and you for that matter, my typing skills have been improving greatly! (y)

Nigel, I don't own a GoPro, I own a a129 Duo so I'm not really concerned with their camera issues. Since you brought GoPro into this discussion you must be able to tell us if it takes them and inordinate amount of time to fix their camera's. It would be interesting to know but not of importance like getting Viofo to fix its problems. So what's your point? If Viofo wanted they could have ended this discussion themselves by just making a post just telling their a129 customers what the current situation is with repairs to the a129 being worked on/or not. I guess it's just easier if you don't know to say nothing. I do have one thing to be thankful to Viofo and you for that matter, my typing skills have been improving greatly! (y)
Don't think that was directed to you, as he quoted StrayCam

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Back