Buffered Parking mode

The following from Viofo page, I have the feeling it's recent [emoji3]

These files are saved under Movie folders.

Tips:

l Files under Movie could not be locked to avoid being overwritten by loop recording.

Sent from my CLT-L29 using Tapatalk

GPS automatically switched off when parked
Only if date/time can be maintained. I had my car parked for 8 days and it started right away. So no big drain for me.

The following from Viofo page, I have the feeling it's recent [emoji3]

These files are saved under Movie folders.

Tips:

l Files under Movie could not be locked to avoid being overwritten by loop recording.

Sent from my CLT-L29 using Tapatalk
The buffered parking mode files are marked as read-only files, similar to save under RO directory.

The camera will loop and recover the un-locked files firstly.

Reactions: Mtz
does anyone else have an issue with 1.9 where the camera doesn't turn on automatically ? mine stays off until i press the Record button. using the 3 wire kit. wired properly.

using the 3 wire kit. wired properly.
Yellow wire connected to ignition and USB power cable into the side of the camera (not the mount)?

Reactions: Mtz
its in the mount.

It has been said many times on this thread, unless you have the "newer mount" your USB cable should be plugged into "the side of the camera", NOT the mount. You may want to give that a try.

It has been said many times on this thread, unless you have the "newer mount" your USB cable should be plugged into "the side of the camera", NOT the mount. You may want to give that a try.
how would one know if they have the "newer mount" ?

as an attempt, i did move it to the camera

k...???? I feel like I'm a dentist pulling teeth here...lol

What was the result in doing so? Does your A129 start autmatically when you start your car?

k...???? I feel like I'm a dentist pulling teeth here...lol

What was the result in doing so? Does your A129 start autmatically when you start your car?
yea sorry bout that. It did automatically start running once i plugged it into the camera. I was waiting for it to shut off. Usually when i start my car the next morning it doesn't automatically turn back on .

yea sorry bout that. It did automatically start running once i plugged it into the camera. I was waiting for it to shut off. Usually when i start my car the next morning it doesn't automatically turn back on .

Well, if if didn't start automatically while plugged into the gps mount and is now starting automatically when you have it plugged into the side of the camera, I would assume you have the "older mount". Every time you restart your car, the A129 should turn on (you'll hear a chime or two when it does so). It will automatically go into parking mode when you turn the car off "unless you turn the camera off" before turning your car off or after turning your car off. - - This is what I do when I'm at home as I don't want the dash cam running at home.

Btw, the attachment has the serial #'s of "new mounts" which was provided by Capture Your Action. - - I assume I have the older mount and it's a moot point anyway as I have the A129 mount butting up to my rear view mirror mount; I could not plug a wire into it, unless I repositioned my dash cam mount. nbd; I'm finding I almost never remove the dash cam anymore...

Attachments

• Capture Your Action Provides Serial #'s of New Mounts for A129 Duo.JPG
    Capture Your Action Provides Serial #'s of New Mounts for A129 Duo.JPG
    55.2 KB · Views: 31
Well, if if didn't start automatically while plugged into the gps mount and is now starting automatically when you have it plugged into the side of the camera, I would assume you have the "older mount". Every time you restart your car, the A129 should turn on (you'll hear a chime or two when it does so). It will automatically go into parking mode when you turn the car off "unless you turn the camera off" before turning your car off or after turning your car off. - - This is what I do when I'm at home as I don't want the dash cam running at home.

Btw, the attachment has the serial #'s of "new mounts" which was provided by Capture Your Action. - - I assume I have the older mount and it's a moot point anyway as I have the A129 mount butting up to my rear view mirror mount; I could not plug a wire into it, unless I repositioned my dash cam mount. nbd; I'm finding I almost never remove the dash cam anymore...
Those serial numbers were provided to me awhile back, so the are additional numbers covered under the "new design" at this point. Those numbers are also only for the A129 DUO with GPS.

Those serial numbers were provided to me awhile back, so the are additional numbers covered under the "new design" at this point. Those numbers are also only for the A129 DUO with GPS.

Yes, of course those numbers are for the a129 Duo with GPS....that's what this thread is all about. - - Which dash cam do you have? - - As I said before, if your cam will not turn on automatically when you have the usb cable plugged into the gps mount, but it does turn on automatically when you plug it into the "side of the A129 cam", then you have the "older mount".... end of story! No need to chase down more serial numbers....

I hope your dash cam at least turns on automatically when you start your car now. - - Good luck!

This thread is about Buffered Parking Mode, which covers all the A129 cameras. The A119V3 as well, I suppose. I was clarifying since many users won’t have a D or a G in their serial numbers. Some will have numbers assigned after that list was generated.

Yes, my a129 replacement works in parking mode using the GPS mount and it is not within those serial numbers... So basically ignore that serial number post as it's out of date.

Also my original a129 probably supported power via the GPS mount for parking mode as well, I never tested it. On my original the rear camera cable and power cable jam up against each other.. This may have caused my rear camera cable issues...

Viofo need to update their documentation, probably most shipped in the last few months have had the new mount!

@viofo - are you going to fix the G-Sensor problem in buffered parking mode?

Back