Buffered Parking mode

Suejoy

Reaction score
Country
United States
I am thinking of buying the A129 Dual Viofo dash cam, and I need some clarification on the buffered parking mode....does the buffered parking mode mean that the camera is recording all the time when it is in parking mode?

There's 2 modes you could consider 'parking mode' One is event driven, the other is timelapse.

The event driven mode will record on motion or impact - I've not explored this as I park on a busy road, so it would be recording all the time.
Timelapse is has selectable time intervals, from 1fps up to about 10fps I think..

There's 2 modes you could consider 'parking mode' One is event driven, the other is timelapse.

The event driven mode will record on motion or impact - I've not explored this as I park on a busy road, so it would be recording all the time.
Timelapse is has selectable time intervals, from 1fps up to about 10fps I think..
Thank you

I am thinking of buying the A129 Dual Viofo dash cam, and I need some clarification on the buffered parking mode....does the buffered parking mode mean that the camera is recording all the time when it is in parking mode?
Camera is recording but not save to SD card, start to save the file while detected the motion.

Buffered parking mode is not supported yet, plan to continue improving this on Apirl.

How soon after I park my car does the parking mode start? I am using the low bitrate

Don't think anyone's actually answered what buffered parking mode is here! It's a feature that provides the footage leading up to the impact/motion that has been detected, usually 5 to 10 seconds.

This is an excellent feature and completes a true parking mode as there can be a lot of vital information in the lead-up to whatever triggered recording.

We have beta buffered parking mode firmware available, looking for more users to test.
This version is for A129 Duo IR version, if using on non IR version, the rear camera video color will be black & white.
Anyone interested to test please PM me.

We have beta buffered parking mode firmware available, looking for more users to test.
This version is for A129 Duo IR version, if using on non IR version, the rear camera video color will be black & white.
Anyone interested to test please PM me.
How easy is it to download I'm a newbie so need to take it slowly!!

How easy is it to download I'm a newbie so need to take it slowly!!

It's only being tested internally currently. (no Public Beta yet) They need to improve a few more things before it's ready for public testing.

It's only being tested internally currently. (no Public Beta yet) They need to improve a few more things before it's ready for public testing.

Yes, you're correct. There is no public beta, but there is a private one. PM Viofo if you're interested in becoming a private beta tester. I just downloaded muy copy. :)

Buffered parking mode for public testing, for non IR version, please set the IR camera color setting to IR color option.

Download link:
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1r7L5scNDu-wZQfx3b1nznhZsRbjoCCHe

Change Log:
  1. Added sperate setting for G-sensor in parking mode
  2. Added sperate setting for Motion detection in parking mode
  3. Supported Buffered Parking Mode in Auto Event Detection Mode:
    • For front channel only, save 15s before and 30s after the event, the whole file length is 45 seconds, while there is continuous movement, it will keep recording.
    • For the dual channel, save 15s before and 30s after the event, record in 10Mbps for front and 8Mbps for rear / Interior, the whole file length is 60 seconds, while there is continuous movement, it will keep recording.

Outstanding!

In order to have a buffered parking mode doesn't the camera need to be recording 24/7? If not, how does buffered parking mode work?

Outstanding!

In order to have a buffered parking mode doesn't the camera need to be recording 24/7? If not, how does buffered parking mode work?

It "records" but doesn't save footage - buffered will be able to get you footage now, just the previous 15 seconds before an event detection.

Why the recording are going to RO folder? Is it parking g-sensor?

Last edited:
Back