Bug in Beta Firmware?

azchrisf

Reaction score
Country
United States
Running Beta 5 with the IQ fixes.
If I stop recording manually via the REC button on my unit after it turns on and starts recording, after, say 30 seconds of so, the MIC light will flash on and off once, and the unit will reboot and start recording again.

Tested on both my vehicle and wall plug, so it's not a power issue.
No issues with rebooting if the unit is recording (as far as I can tell at the moment - recorded videos fine today).

it's not a bug, it's intentional, we changed the boot process, if recording stops (whether you stop it or due to a write error) or there is an improper shutdown during startup the camera will restart

OK....but it doesn't make any sense to "force" recording again when the user wants it stopped (i.e. parked and writing something down or talking on cell) - it's total backward thinking...there has to be some way to detect a manual stop vs a non-manual (i.e. error), and just don't record again until the REC key is pressed again, which is about every other unit on the market does.

you can turn it off in that case (press and hold the power button) and just turn it back on when you want

Back