Bumper Mounted Front Facing Camera

MiiHere

Reaction score
Country
United States
Dash Cam
Mobius
The other thread got me thinking I should ask here about a front bumper mounted, weatherproof front facing camera.

I'm gonna add a reverse camera to the truck via the tailgate handle which will be wired to an LCD mirror w/ screen that accepts a 2nd RCA plug for a front facing camera. Which I will mount somewhere in the grille so I can make sure no little ones; human or animal have wandered below the trucks hood.

I know I brought up the Boyo Vision VTB110N and it has better specs then the Esky Reverse Camera I put on the Kia does so I imagine it's decent, just don't see a lot about it. I saw Jokiin has the SG89PPN, but I'm not finding it on any US sites.

Does anyone have or know of a good front view camera? Not all reverse cameras have the option to mirror the image.

Stellar! Do you know how much they are US$? Also, I saw some specs, but it didn't seem to include resolution or TV lines. Oh, is there a YouTube video somewhere of it in action?

Sounds good. Unfortunately the specs don't include those two things. Perhaps it will be on the boxes when you get them in. That is a nifty little tool...hmm...I haven't devised a plan of attack on how I want to wire yet, but that's something I'll keep in mind.

Also, I saw some specs, but it didn't seem to include resolution or TV lines.

reverse cameras are analogue, regardless of how many lines a camera may quote on the box you're only going to get 480 lines over a composite connection (standard definition NTSC), you'll get better results by making sure you get a monitor that is 480 lines minimum, a lot of them are 240 lines

I'd be happy with 480, the Esky I believe is only 420, so ideally if I get a camera that says it does 480 or more then I'd be getting 480 at least (with a proper screen as you've said.) I haven't decided on setup yet. The truck is very basic so I can mod it how I want and I'm toying with stereo setup. It doesn't get delivered until Saturday so just gotta see what I'm working with. Your help is much appreciated.

Question about the auto front switching box:

The stereo I'm looking into only has 1 RCA input, would this switch box plug into the 1 RCA input and in turn create me 2 RCA inputs for both cameras? They make some stereos with 2 RCA camera inputs, but none that I'm thrilled about.

Last question: In order to get the front camera to activate do you have to first go into reverse?

Last question: In order to get the front camera to activate do you have to first go into reverse?

using the switch box the front camera will automatically come on after you take it out of reverse, you can also add a switch to view the front camera signal at any time

Back