Cam image comparison and how to improve?

does look a bit clapped out hey.

FOV shouldn't affect saturation and contrast though.

Don't get me wrong Pier28, Im not complaining, just was under the impression that the 9665 would match or surpass the 12 since it was the newer model. Im happy with both cameras, Im just wondering if there is a setting on the 9665 that would help with the PQ. Im getting ready to leave for 3 weeks, So I will wait til I get back to add the firmware update.

We are here to help, there is no right or wrong. I still can't determine if the focus is a bit short, if anything is wrong I'm happy to swap it for a new one though. I'll wait to hear Jokiin's response but he will most likely want to see some raw video if you could kindly upload clips. There are new PQ settings coming on the next firmware.

video of both cams? I have horrible UL speed, so itll have to be a very short clip.

Don't get me wrong Pier28, Im not complaining, just was under the impression that the 9665 would match or surpass the 12 since it was the newer model. Im happy with both cameras, Im just wondering if there is a setting on the 9665 that would help with the PQ. Im getting ready to leave for 3 weeks, So I will wait til I get back to add the firmware update.

I think that may be improved with the new firmware as there are some image quality tweaks, it may also need the sensor recalibrated to get the best out of it, that's a manual process though which you can either do yourself ( @Pier28 can give you detail on that if you want to try it ) or we can arrange, or just swap out for one of the new ones when they arrive that will be pre-calibrated

the two models will never look the same though, aside from different lens characteristics the chipsets are different and each have their own idiosyncrasies in regard to colour pallatte, brightness, contrast etc

video of both cams? I have horrible UL speed, so itll have to be a very short clip.

I have similar bandwidth issues in the rural area I live in but full resolution screen shots can be helpful in demonstrating an issue like this without having to upload huge files.

The fact is that your concerns here with image quality are indeed similar to mine. Compared with other cameras I own video often seems to lack critical focus and the camera has had difficulty with exposure and contrast. As Pier28 points out QC issues have been rare and I'm sure everything will get sorted out.

Back