Reaction score
Country
Australia
Dash Cam
Too many ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Model No. SG9665GC

Versions: SG20151109.002 & SG20151109.V2

Date: 2015/11/09

Updated firmware for the SG9665GC is now available, please choose the appropriate version based on your camera serial number and existing firmware version number

Street Guardian SG9665GC V1 (SG9665GC.bin) http://www.mediafire.com/download/rj3anbntosnch0b/SG9665GC_V1_Update_1.zip

For camera serial numbers SB15xxxxx through to SGGCxxxxxxxx

Settings menu display version number SG20xxxxxx.002

Street Guardian SG9665GC V2 (SGGCV2.bin) http://www.mediafire.com/download/slfr5ql9xitwa68/SG9665GC_V2_Update_1.zip

For camera serial numbers from SGGC-Bxxxxxxxx

Settings menu display version number SG20xxxxxx.V2

Instructions are included in the download.

Please note these firmwares will not work on similar looking models, our hardware is different

EDIT: updated to current firmware info

Last edited:
only thing I have found is the motion detection, need buffering, a pedestrian or car is half way across the screen before it starts recording. so not something I can reliably use really. good chance of missing something there.

We may not be able to do pre buffer on this platform, there's no support for it in the current SDK at this time, we will still keep looking at improving what we're doing now regardless though to try and get better performance out of it

either way mine just records all the time with power on so I don't miss a thing. im not too worried. other stuff seems ok to date, registrator viewer works good, I haven't had file corruption since latest beta on either card im using.

The update won't start. I followed the instructions exactly as described, but the device always boots without updating.
Below you can also find a photo that shows my current version of the firmware, which is older than the previous version. As I explained in my other post, this is obviously the reason why I couldn't find the Delayed Startup option, as it was only introduced in your 201503 version. Unfortunately I also can't seem to install that version.

EDIT: November 2015, NEW firmware!
https://dashcamtalk.com/forum/threads/anybody-know-whats-in-the-new-firmware.15298/

You need to extract the actual .bin firmware file from the .RAR file above. WinRar or mac equivalent will work.

Here is a direct download of the uncompressed .bin file you need to make it easier.

EDIT: Use release firmware, until new August firmware is out (coming soon, in beta now)

https://www.dropbox.com/s/7xgklryn305wgka/SG9665GC.bin?dl=1

Last edited:
Please note North America users will want to change the following Australian default items after the update.

1) date format to be MM/DD/YYYY
2) frequency from 50hz to 60hz
3) video from PAL to NTSC

Don't forget to change your Time Zone as well.

Motion Detection Timeout. Exactly what does it mean? Motion Detection turns off after X minutes of last detection or the recording turns off after X minutes of last detection?

Motion Detection Timeout. Exactly what does it mean? Motion Detection turns off after X minutes of last detection or the recording turns off after X minutes of last detection?

That is how long system will continue recording once the last motion detection event occurs. (when motion stops) This is helpful if you want to use motion detection full time and have less of a chance the recording will stop if you're at a long red light with no other motion/cars keeping it alive etc. (personal preference)

Are you using the included 32GB or your own 33GB/64GB card? Try formatting the card in the camera, pop it out to copy the file directly to the root of the card again.

You need to extract the actual .bin firmware file from the .RAR file above. WinRar or mac equivalent will work.

Here is a direct download of the uncompressed .bin file you need to make it easier.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/kuh0q859qdxyqw1/SG9665GC.bin?dl=1

No success.

I have performed the following steps:
- Eject SD card
- Format in Windows
- Copy bin from your latest post to root SD card
- Pop it in the cam
- Start the cam from a dedicated power source
- Cam starts normally

I have also completed the following:
- Format SD from cam
- Eject card and copy bin onto the SD from my computer
- Put it back in the cam
- Cam starts normally

I've also just tried performing a factory reset on the camera and the performing all steps again, but no success.
I am indeed using the provided 32GB SD card, but I have also tried completing all steps with another 32GB card, unfortunately without success.

I'm pretty surprised this isn't working, but also slightly worried. Neither of the updates are working for my device, and from the looks of it no one else seems to be experiencing this.
Now I'm not an amateur when it comes to PC's, so I'm pretty confident in what I am doing. It just seems that the camera isn't picking up the bin on the sd card.

Hoping to hear what we can try out next.

@Pier28 I'm not near a computer right now, could you please send @Pikok the boot loader file I sent you previously, he needs to run that then this update

That's resolved the issue. Thanks so much! Always loving the response time from you guys!
Going to give the 201503 version a go first.

FW upgrade 1.jpg

FW upgrade 2.jpg

Last edited:
I have - Street Guardian SGZC12SGSK (2015 CMOS Sensor) - will the SG201500526.002 firmware get rid of the funky purple clouds and sky? Got this in April and just started to use it.

Purple clouds? Have you got any screenshots as it shouldn't be purple - I'm half wondering if maybe it's faulty?

I have - Street Guardian SGZC12SGSK (2015 CMOS Sensor) - will the SG201500526.002 firmware get rid of the funky purple clouds and sky? Got this in April and just started to use it.

That's not the same product. (Different hardware not compatible) I'll PM you for support, sounds like a sensor problem.

• If GPS is being used format memory card again after GPS signal is received to allow correct file name order
I'm about to do the F/W update on my 2 GC's today but don't understand the need for this step. What issues will there be if the card is not formatted after acquiring a GPS signal?

A secondary question: Since the A118-C works correctly with the SG GPS antenna attached is the reverse true as well? I ask because I would rather do the F/W update in the house vs car and happen to have an unused A118-C GPS unit awaiting delivery of the camera and using that would be easier than taking one out of a vehicle and putting in back afterwards.

Back