Cam sometimes stops recording during during a journey

benje302

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Dash Cam
A118 / B40 (Foxoffer) with 32GB Samsung EVO
Hi

First post here but have looked through the forum for any similar issues.

I have been running a B40 A118 for a week of so now which I got from FoxOffer via their Ebay shop.

Firmware is B40.20140917.001 - MicroSD card is Samsung 32 Evo class 10.
G sensor and motion detection is off.
Loop is set to to 1 minute.

Both journeys stopped around 20 mins in but I have been on longer journeys that have worked all ok.

The reason I found this out is that on both occasions the camera did not power off after the car had stopped making me check the sd card.

Thanks in advance

Ben

tried a different memory card?

they posted a more recent firmware version that you might want to try also

Hi Jokiin

Thanks for the super speedy reply.
I bought 2 cameras and 2 SD cards at the same time but only tested one so far (second is for my parents car)

Do you know if the firmware also helps with the issue where if you are traveling into sunlight everything goes dark ?

Is the newer firmware on here or on thier website ?
Thanks again

Benje302.

@benje302, you may format SD card in camera and reinstall the current FW for last try before the new FW available.

@ RockThinking, where/how would I get a copy of my current FW ? - thanks

@jokiin - if I format the card via the B40, do I then place the .zip file in the root directory or do I place the extracted .bin file.

I guess the formatted card will just have an empty CARDV folder

I had similar issue with my first dashcam. After trial and error including a new card, I discovered the G sensor was set too sensitive (low) and upon encoutering a pot hole, It secured the file and stopped recording. I turned the feature off to end that problem. My GT680W is set to medium with no issue. Hope this helps.

Hi

I have not had time to try a reflash yet but it crashed again this morning. If you look at the photo it crashed at 06:48:50. The photo was taken at 07:05. What is also interesting is that it also thinks it is still connected to the power source. I will have to wait for the battery to run low before it switches itself off as holding the power button for a few seconds does nothing.

Ben

Attachments

• CAR-CAM.JPG
    CAR-CAM.JPG
    79.8 KB · Views: 10
@jokiin - I will reflash later as I dont have my usb hub with me. After the reflash can I delete the .bin file from the SD card ?
Thanks as always.

copy the bin file to card, boot up with the card in the camera, the update will run and the camera will power up when done, format the card and you're good to go

New firmware now installed and am monitoring. If I still hve issues then i will try another SD card.

I have noticed 2 slight changes with the firmware
1 - Numberplate can now be turned off
2 - device no longer makes a noise when it turns off (still does on power up)

@jokiin @billknow

- been running the lastest firmware for a few days now and another journey stopped after 20 mins again. It did record another jpourney ok that lasted 45 mins.

When these have stopped (new and older firmware) it has always been on 20 mins (1 minute record intervals).

I now also see pictureerror (in blue box) when I scroll back say 25 files however if I remove the SD card the older files are on there and can be viewed with VLC all ok.

I guess its time to try a different SD card ? - current one is 32 GB class 10 Samsung Evo.

Any recommendations ?

Thanks in advance

Ben

My dashcam works with Samsung Evo, so I think it could be some sort defect in card, camera or power supply. Try to reset the camera using reset button to see it if helps. Or maybe you can try to set 3 min record intervals and see if it still stops after 20 min...

I have changed from 1 m to 3 m and so far every trip has been fine :)

fingers crossed otherwise I will try a Kingston card.

I just got my A118 (AutoVox) from Amazon on Monday, Jan. 5. It shows firmware version A118.20141222. It came with an 8GB Samsung card which I swapped for the 32GB Sandisk Ultra in my Galaxy Tab 2. It works great using the 5 minute recording increments and the firmware is the newest I've seen--just a few days before Christmas. If only it were available for download somewhere. :(

Back