Camera Dead

Sharky

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Dash Cam
Mini 0806
I had my first camera replaced by 'Car Camera Shop' who have been very helpful. My second camera after having it for a few weeks stopped working completely for no reason at all. Would not even respond to reset button being held in. I was about to send this one back but just started working again as if nothing had ever happened. Yesterday it once again it has stopped operating. No response to any button presses or being plugged in directly to the camera or the GPS base. Just tried the USB software but as the camera is dead it cannot find it. Has anyone else had this happen & if so what did it turn out to be?

The camera when in the car is powered by the cigar lighter cable. This activated the camera when the ignition was turned on. I use two Samsung Evo class 10 micro USB's. One 64gb & one 32gb. When operating all was well with GPS & camera recording. Cannot understand what is going on. The camera is useless if not responding. I do not want to send it back in the event it springs back to life when being tested by my supplier. I also do not want a camera that works 5 days out of 7. I need it running every time the car does or whats the point.

I have tried with one card only & no cards at all. I have never rotated the connecting ring more than 2 clicks. It was fully functional then just completely died for no reason at all. It was left in situ in the car the entire time with no button pressing or anything. No extreme heat or extreme cold weather. This is the second time this has occurred & as I mentioned earlier it just sprung back to life when I was about to give up on it the first time. I have tried different micro usb leads, mobile phone power supplies but nothing. If it restarts I cant be bothered with all this hassle with something I need to rely on if I am in an accident & it fails me.

Find posts here how to open body of camera and check for broken wires first.

I really don't see the point of this. It was operating fine for approx. 5 weeks then stopped without any physical contact or any rotation. It is a second batch camera with the wiring problems addressed & I do not want to void my warranty. If you read the posts above you will see the exact same fault has previously occurred then days later restarted without me having to check connections.

Last edited:
I have tried with one card only & no cards at all. I have never rotated the connecting ring more than 2 clicks. It was fully functional then just completely died for no reason at all. It was left in situ in the car the entire time with no button pressing or anything. No extreme heat or extreme cold weather. This is the second time this has occurred & as I mentioned earlier it just sprung back to life when I was about to give up on it the first time. I have tried different micro usb leads, mobile phone power supplies but nothing. If it restarts I cant be bothered with all this hassle with something I need to rely on if I am in an accident & it fails me.

electronics don't fix themselves or get better with use, as it has an intermittent issue you'd do well to contact the seller and get it sorted out ASAP

The point of this was to make first easiest way to find problem. Taking off cap doesn't void warranty. If you're not sure, ask Rayman to accept it. Not making rotations and operating of 5 weeks does not exclude wire broke. Just the opposite - it looks like as broken or pure contact.
My point of this was to be sure about wires and only then think about other possibilities. As with my camera - I have problems exactly using Samsung Evo card.
Well, these are just my thoughts.

Hi Sharky,
how is it going on now?

I think he has the same problem like me, the camera shut down suddenly or doesn't power on. I'm sure it's a problem with the power suply. I'm not sure but I think it's rated at 1A but I thing it's providing much less power, so if the camera doesn't receive the neccesary power, it can't work and charge the battery. I can't measure the output power, but last week I connected my phone for an hour and it was unable to charge the battery, just maintained the charge.
This weekend I had 2 days the camera recording connected to a phone charger at home, I didn't have any problem, the camera worked OK and the battery was fully charged.

I admit I did hold onto the camera in the feint hope it would be resurrected as it did the first time. Never happened unfortunately. I am returning it to my supplier but have asked them can I wait until the camera's being manufactured do not display any of the well documented faults. I love the camera size, stealth design when fitted & the movie output is superb. I looked at similar priced models & decided that the 806 is great value as long as it keeps working. After reading Rayman's assurances in his latest post I am happy that the camera is not far from being fault free in most respects.

(I have tried several chargers but to no avail so must be something else).

Back