canyon1991

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi Everyone

I thought I would share my issues to see if they can get resolved before I return it.

After a couple days of use the my A119s started to turn off and back on ( I don't mean the screensaver - I can hear it turning on + I have my screensaver to 1 min and it turns off after 23 seconds without the car even being on the move, so it cannot be because of a bad contact and as the car is moving makes it go off). I tried pretty much everything, seeing if the pins on the GPS mount are good (not stuck), I done a firmware update, but still nothing fixes it. I haven't tried to power it through the camera yet, so might be the a faulty GPS mount?

I noticed that sometimes (mainly at night) there are blue lines across the screen, when I checked the video, those blue lines where there as well. These appears both before and after the firmware update.

Any suggestions? Just get it changed? Should I go to the A119 model instead?

Regards

Try powering through the camera. That usually fixes it.

Yeah, should fix the restarts and blue lines. Powering through the camera will not disable GPS functions.

I didn't know that.

What about the Blue lines across the screen as well as the footage? Is it a power issue as well?

Thank you for getting back to me so quickly guys.

How hot does your A119s get? I was out this am for about 40 minutes.When I got home I took the cam out of the car.It was hot to the touch just below the screen where the buttons are,not enough to burn me but really warm to my cheek.Is this normal ? It seemed too warm to me.The cam is hardwired into my car,works good, just feels way too hot for this type of electronics.Outside temp was about 52 degreesF.

Last edited:
How hot does your A119s get? I was out this am for about 40 minutes.When I got home I took the cam out of the car.It was hot to the touch,not enough to burn me but really warm to my cheek.Is this normal ? it seemed too warm to me.

I don't know how hot it's there in the states, but here in the UK still cold - the comparison wouldn't be fair.

With that said, I am sure the camera is meant to get warm/hot, as long as you don't see smoke coming out of it or starting to melt. Don't forget that the "power brick" is on the camera, all the transistors, resistors and capacitors working full time, it's ok for them to get hot, I guess.

I hope so ,it was pretty warm to the touch---no smoke yet!
Anyone else? I've sent this question to Viofo,we'll see what they say--will post answer here.

Last edited:
Thanks CYA,lord I hope so.I don't need any problems with it.How do you start a new thread-for the life of me,I can't see how to do it!

Thanks jokiin,I tried your suggestion and it worked.What do you think about the temp of myA119s--it sure gets hot!

It was hot enough on my cheek to be uncomfortable, I would guess about 110 degrees F or maybe a little more!It was a lot more than 98--it's easy to tell if the temp is more than body temp(98) when you put the object up to your facial skin.Wish I had a temp meter to aim at it.

By the way are you in Sydney,Aus?

Thanks for your reply and it's speed.
I have a grand daughter in Sydney,arrived last week to attend a college there to get her masters.Much cheaper than the states even with the air fare.

Back