Camera not turning on.

dbu8554

Reaction score
Country
United States
G1W-C

Alright guys so this happened last night at about 10:40 PM PST temp was maybe 90F/33C had been sitting in the sun all day in my car not cloudy at all musta been 110F yesterday not sure (I work graveyards)

Anyways it did not start when I started my car I hit the button and it turned on fine.

TODAY was different I go outside and its super hot I think it was around 112F/44C but that is outside inside the car I would say was much higher. Car was facing the sun all day. I think I remember reading the G1W-C was rated to 70C which would put it at 158F I am guessing the temp inside of my car is surpassing that?

I turned on the AC as soon as I got in the car and pointed a vent at the fan. It was about 2.5 miles down the road when the camera turned on but my GF was pushing the button to make it turn on.

Does this sound normal for the camera exceeding the operating range temperature?

If so I am not worried or upset I know it was a gamble with any camera because of the pervasive heat here, just wondering will there be permanent damage to the camera for being subjected to these temps every day for 3 months or so?

Also is there a way to make the camera turn on automatically when it gets down in temperature? Tomorrow I will just leave it alone and see if it turns on without any interference from me.

Thanks for reading.

Seemed to work fine today even thought it was hotter out 117F but I have it parked at work now facing the sun and its not the hottest part of the day yet so we will see I guess.

Back