Camera out of focus when I needed it most

Ive read that there's an s - focus - something - problem that u can manually adjust it. Waiting for an answer from the seller about it.

Not using cpl filter anymore. It's not staying on the camera and it doesn't change the focusing.

Ive read that there's an s - focus - something - problem that u can manually adjust it. Waiting for an answer from the seller about it.

This is Jon
Pier28 is taking over Panorama sales and support for RoadCam customers. (Same great tech team). I'm away from the office on my iPhone and can't find the thread that talks about how to manually DIY adjust the focus. The focus is fixed and not generally adjustable very easily. Your screen shot looks terrible as if something more then focus is wrong. I would re flash firmware to insure you have factory default settings for starters. Need to see raw video.

Not the first time, but only now when I really needed it I noticed the blurry picture.

Can you share raw / original video. Use mega.co.nz or dropbox.
Best is to record in nice sunny day in car park, car parked 1-2 car length away from front parked cars. Then you can see if focus is correct or not.

This is what I have

Pano 1.jpg

Pano 2.jpg

Pano 3.jpg

Pano 5.jpg

Pano 6.jpg

Pano 7.jpg

Pano 8.jpg

Pano 9.jpg

Pano 10.jpg

Pano 11.jpg

Thanks for the help guys, I'm uploading the video as we speak. I can't post it here though, so I'll send u a link as soon as I finish.

I must to understand what happen, you're driving in the ambulance and someone hit you and continue to drive away?
Try to upload raw footage, the pictures are in low quality, but in any case something wrong with the camera for sure.

I can't talk about what happened because of legal reasons. No one was injured and there was no serious damage. Are you sure it's not a reflections issue?
Because the ambulance and windshield are in focus. Here are the photos from vlc.

I can't talk about what happened because of legal reasons. No one was injured and there was no serious damage. Are you sure it's not a reflections issue?
Because the ambulance and windshield are in focus. Here are the photos from vlc.

Try make video when your car is stopped opposite other cars parked in car park ( 1 length away ), like I mentioned in my early post. Then you can see if focus is correct or not. If stopped 1 car length away from your car, then you must see clearly front, left and right car numberplates, also fair quality car no 1 and no 5.

Below is 1m away from bumper and second picture is 1.5 car lenght away. Best for checking focus is 1 car length away from your car bumper, or about 4-5 metres from bumper.

Pano 2.jpg

Pano 4.jpg

There are reflections on the windshield, But they are not causing this blurring and focus problem.

Look on my picturs with and without CPL filter, the reflections on the windshield don't make the footage less sharp, they just interfering with recoreding little details like number plates.אחרי.jpg לפני.jpg

Someone hit me but I cant see his license plate number because the camera is out of focus. Good thing I spent a lot of money for it. Saw this is a known problem, I'm so mad that this is the second camera that I got (1'st one was faulty) and from a different seller, and this one is also faulty.

Ramsti... forget getting license plate numbers with the Panorama IIS, unless they are sitting at a dead stop, directly in front of you.
I use a Mobius Action Cam for high-quality, detail, and license plates. The use the IIS as a second cam, providing GPS date; speed, location,etc. The Mobius is the "ONLY" small cam, at a reasonable price, that delivers great video detail.

I would be great if folks here at dashcamtalk would distinctly clarify that on their comparison page!

Dude thanks but I do not agree. And I really don't know what your opinion is based on, but it is not relevant for this tread.

The Mobius is the "ONLY" small cam, at a reasonable price, that delivers great video detail.

I would be great if folks here at dashcamtalk would distinctly clarify that on their comparison page!

Nonsense, there are lots of cameras that deliver great video quality at a reasonable price, and lots of cameras capture license plates just as clearly as the Mobius. There is nothing to "distinctly clarify" as far as I know. The cameras that I use - DR32 and Innovv C2 produce excellent video.

Back