Can you just leave wifi on?

omgomgomgsecurity

Reaction score
Country
Canada
Hi all, just wondering if there is a way to leave wifi on your Blackvue while your car is parked?.

Plus, is there a way to turn your Blackvue off from your phone?.

10-15 min, it does not fundamentally, is not the point

I'd say if you could turn your BlackVue on/off from Wi-Fi, connect through Bluetooth even, or sync it with your own wireless home network, that would be a huge plus. Also, the recordings do not even show dates unless you click on the clips, so the name of each recording is just given a number, that s hould be changed to an actual time and date somehow. But yeah, you mostly get what you pay for with the Blackvue so I can't totally complain

I'd say if you could turn your BlackVue on/off from Wi-Fi, connect through Bluetooth even, or sync it with your own wireless home network, that would be a huge plus. Also, the recordings do not even show dates unless you click on the clips, so the name of each recording is just given a number, that s hould be changed to an actual time and date somehow. But yeah, you mostly get what you pay for with the Blackvue so I can't totally complain
I can complain..I kind of thought I paid enough to BlackVue to get WiFi that works. Giving you an adapter.. micro card to USB.. is sneaker net not WiFi. If writing code to connect the PC program via WiFi is too difficult.. a physical USB connection would have been more practical.
Pulling the micro card each time you want to review your video / route taken / speeds ... Etc is just straight daft.
The "App" works on my Samsung Tab2.. but with severe (read next to none) features.. shows the video and that is it. No way to find a particular time / clip.. no way to save that clip (that I have found)

With custom firmware you can leave wifi on. Sad that Blackvue makes a user resort to this.

With custom firmware you can leave wifi on. Sad that Blackvue makes a user resort to this.

Hey hackztor, where can you get firmware that supports this?

Guys,
Anywhere to have the wifi always on?

Back