Can you reposition the mount for dashboard top mounting

R

rick2014

Hi all, a forum search produced nothing relevant, so I'll ask :)

I've seen a few images here showing how to open the 0803, having done so is it possible to rotate and re position the mount so you can stick the base on the top of your dashboard instead of screen mounting?

Thanks.

No, don't think that's possible without major surgery, but the latest firmware allows you to turn the picture upside down, I guess that allows you to mount the camera upside down and achieve what you want?

With the advent of the latest firmware you can, and I could easily do so in my hatchback; but the actual field of vision recorded ain't anything like as good as mounting it at rear view mirror height.

Guess it would work OK on a commercial vehicle with a higher cab than a car has though.

IMO dash cams are better mounted as high as practical in a car. If mounted liw down on the dash the lens would need to be pointing at a 90 degree or more angle to ensure you record more that just the bonnet (hood) of the car and this would potentially cause exposure issues.

When I tried doing it I will add that I got all bonnet and a goodly portion of the forward dashboard, or all sky. It seemed to narrow the perspective of the road ahead.

Back