[Canada] Road rage: driver gets punched, instant justice

M---

Reaction score
Country
Canada
Dash Cam
A118C
This one's all over the news-- occurred in Vancouver (I drive that street twice a week!), last night made the nightly news across the country. Seems the cammer didn't provide the video to the police or the victim... They only found out about the video yesterday when it was posted on Reddit!

I liked one of the comments on Reddit: "Guy looked like he has some experience being arrested leaning on the van like that."

Camera guy knew the ropes. Only offer video if you are involved and after you have reviewed it for yourself. Maybe he didn't want to provide video because white car deserved it? I wonder what led up to it.

The story, as told by the black car: the black car was looking for a parking spot, thought they found one and signalled, then realized it was a driveway, and signalled back into traffic. This pissed the white car off, leading to the assault.

Mind you, if I was the black car, my window would be up; at most, cracked open. I'd be nope'ing out of there in a hurry.

Some more context, that street's a major route out of downtown to get to the highway. It's usually backed up and moving at a snail's pace in that area. Not necessarily stop-and-go, but it'll be bumper to bumper within a block or two from there. It might've been backed up to that point, or it might've been moving smoothly. No point in road raging over somebody slowing you down, because the rest of the traffic will, soon enough.

Street view of the location: https://www.google.ca/maps/@49.2717...ata=!3m4!1e1!3m2!1smb50DIL9LBGzfvDMvPTPJg!2e0

I remember similar situation when I was in Dallas, Texas.
The driver was an elderly guy in his late 60's.
He was a regular in the coffee/breakfast shop and a nice guy.
Always loved to talk about his vet days when I went to that shop once every few days.

One day, he was leaving the shop and some young guy got pissed off on how he backed out from the parking spot.
They had an argument and the young guy walked to his window and started threatening him and throwing fists.
The older guy shot him dead and was not charged as it was self defense.

Last edited:
O yeah punk ? say hello to my friends Mr Smith & Mr Wesson :D

Elderly ppl here are a favorite ppl of robbers from within and abroad, one favorite is to impersonate a helper and then force your way in when they open the door.
Allso there is strait up robberies in ppls home, you wake up with some creep bashing you with a baseball bat ( several ppl have been killed this way )

I am pretty old school, so if i see a thing like that or god forbid it happen to any one in my famely, i will go ballistic on ther punk ass.

Last week a old guy who had fallen in his bathroon laid there for 3 days and later died, with helpers bringing food every day but not seeing him there or wonder why he dident eat the food from yeaterday.
In my book thats just the same as a strait up robbery, and the ppl responsible for things like that can happen in Denmark in the year 2015 need to be flogged at a public square.
And if they need some one to handle the cat o nine tails i will be happy to do so

Back