Cars are a pain in the arse!

reverend

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Dash Cam
Too many
So my car threw an engine fault last week. I hired a car which I returned today as mine was in the garage and they've only gone and replaced a different part to what I asked for - I guess next time I need to be 100% clear!!

They reckon they road tested it to ensure the car was ok but according to the cameras that never happened - unless a road test these days is a drive around the building. I was less than a mile away from the garage when the engine fault occurred again

I'm just looking at other hire car options to use until Thursday now!

Last edited:
Testdrives are short for sure, last time my car was getting its 30.000 Km overhaul, and the test drive after that was 200 M Down the street and then back.

Enuff to tell that i will get my gearbox overhauled on Suzukis expence on thursday 07:30 -> 15:00

Allso the mekanic never turned off the car, so my lukas recorded everything while it was in the shop. :D

If you've ever wondered what happens here goes!

Trying to get a classic car repaired ups the drama 10 times...doesn't matter if the car is worth 5 or 500 G's...repair shops assume u have a bottomless money pit, that u r happy to have found some one who will work on it so they r in fact doing u a favor...blah...blah...

However, there r reputable & knowledgeable shops around who get loyal customers..but still r very pricey...it's just something u have to accept when u enjoy the old cars hobby.

...I think they've got the A/C working in the vette finally after 3 attempts....er...don't ask me what I paid...it still hurts to talk bout it.

Back