Cellink Neo 6 - has anyone experience?

piccolo88

Reaction score
Country
Germany
Hi,
does anyone have experience with a Cellink Neo 6? I think about to order one for parking mode.

I am not even sure if my setup will be an
a) Viofo A139 2CH ooooooor
b) A39 Single (front) + Vantrue E1 for rear window.

Is it even possible to power up 2 seperate front-dashcams with one battery pack? I guess I need an energy splitter in that case?!

splitter.JPG

Is the neo 6 a good battery pack at all? I am fine if the battery lasts +-12h because at night I usually have the car parked in a garage anyway. It's rather when visiting friends or doing groceries etc. Or of course when I go to work.

I found the Neo 6 for 230€ only. The Neo 8 is 300€.
Is the Neo 8 worth the additional 70€?

Last edited:
Yes no problem powering 2 or more systems from a battery pack like that, the question is how long it would last in parking guard mode.
Not personally familiar with these or any other dashcam power packs, i only use parking guard on 2 cameras ( front & rear ) and only for 3 hours, so i dont need a power pack.

For parking guard you most often need a terminal connection, like a fuse adapter, but many cameras do also support 2 wire parking guard, in which case the regular 12 V plug will be fine, either plugged into a splitter to more of these 12 V sockets, or directly to screw terminals on the battery.

Yes no problem powering 2 or more systems from a battery pack like that, the question is how long it would last in parking guard mode.
Not personally familiar with these or any other dashcam power packs, i only use parking guard on 2 cameras ( front & rear ) and only for 3 hours, so i dont need a power pack.

How would this work, I thought the batteries are limited to 2.5/2.7amp @12v and rated only to 2amp? Why I ask, is that i'm currently looking for a battery solution in the style of the celllink, that can do 5amp@12-14v

I have run 2 systems, 3 CH and 2 CH so 5 cameras in total on a 5A fuse just fine, connected to the fuse box of course.
I am a little surprised you can not pull more from these units.

Screenshot 2023-01-22 at 03-50-13 LiFePO4 Quick Charge power banks for dashcams.jpg

I have run 2 systems, 3 CH and 2 CH so 5 cameras in total on a 5A fuse just fine, connected to the fuse box of course.
I am a little surprised you can not pull more from these units.

View attachment 63777

Sorry, when you say i cannot pull more from these units. Are you talking about just the specs or actually pulling 5am the batteries (ie. cellink) and them not tripping?

Why I ask, is that i'm currently looking for a battery solution in the style of the celllink, that can do 5amp@12-14v
5 Amps x 12.6 Volts = 63 Watts.
The largest capacity dash cam battery packs I've tested are 96Wh.
96Wh divided by 63 Watts = 1.5 Hours of run time.
What are you planning to run that consumes 63 Watts?
-Chuck

No just saying the fuse i use are 5 A, the cameras should use substantially less than that as a running dashcam are "just" 250 - 350 mA, though as i recall they can spike a little higher during boot.

Hey, looks like the rest of my forum mates have the powering and numbers down, just want to touch on the multi-camera battery connection there. So Viofo cameras, and I believe Vantrue cameras as well do require a 3-wire connection to a battery pack, this way the battery can notify the camera when the ignition of the vehicle has been cut-off. Due to this, the cigarette splitter image you sent earlier would not be ideal to connect these cameras to one battery pack; they would stay in continuous recording mode and draw a lot of power. While you can technically splice an unspliced output cable for the battery to different hardwire kits, 1 for each camera system, it'll get a bit messy and is not really recommended.

If you are looking for a multi-camera setup like this, BlackVue cameras do not need a 3-wire connection for parking mode, I'd check out Vortex Radar's 4-channel setup for reference on what that would look like.

As for the battery pack, yeah the Neo 6 has been a dash cam staple for quite some time, EGEN is always a safe bet when it comes to batteries.

Hope this helps!

Hey, looks like the rest of my forum mates have the powering and numbers down, just want to touch on the multi-camera battery connection there. So Viofo cameras, and I believe Vantrue cameras as well do require a 3-wire connection to a battery pack, this way the battery can notify the camera when the ignition of the vehicle has been cut-off. Due to this, the cigarette splitter image you sent earlier would not be ideal to connect these cameras to one battery pack; they would stay in continuous recording mode and draw a lot of power. While you can technically splice an unspliced output cable for the battery to different hardwire kits, 1 for each camera system, it'll get a bit messy and is not really recommended.

If you are looking for a multi-camera setup like this, BlackVue cameras do not need a 3-wire connection for parking mode, I'd check out Vortex Radar's 4-channel setup for reference on what that would look like.

As for the battery pack, yeah the Neo 6 has been a dash cam staple for quite some time, EGEN is always a safe bet when it comes to batteries.

Hope this helps!
amazing thank you!

If I use a camera like the A139 Pro 2CH will it work with the Neo then? With this setup I do not need a power-splitter at all!

Also does anyone know if its worth spending an additional 70€ (80 SUD) to upgrade to an Neo 8 instead of an Neo 6?

-Chuck
The duration is not an issue. I'm using the battery is more so as a relay/dumb +main. I don't want to wire the thing directly to the ACC+main directly in the event that it fails and decides to parasite and drain the actual main battery.

I did think about making my own unit from a LifePo battery, but I don't trust myself to build the electrics needed to charge the battery, stop feed back and be reliable.

The rated max 3.5amp, so rounding up to 5

Last edited:
The duration is not an issue. I'm using the battery is more so as a relay/dumb +main. I don't want to wire the thing directly to the ACC+main directly in the event that it fails and decides to parasite and drain the actual main battery.

I did think about making my own unit from a LifePo battery, but I don't trust myself to build the electrics needed to charge the battery, stop feed back and be reliable.

The rated max 3.5amp, so rounding up to 5
Thanks for the reply, but now I'm more confused. lol
If you explained your application better you might get the help you need.
What is the 3.5 Amp draw coming from?
What are you trying to power?
Also, this will answer you question about max Amperage output;
-Chuck

amazing thank you!

If I use a camera like the A139 Pro 2CH will it work with the Neo then? With this setup I do not need a power-splitter at all!

Also does anyone know if its worth spending an additional 70€ (80 SUD) to upgrade to an Neo 8 instead of an Neo 6?
No problem!
The Neo 8 would be a 25% upgrade in charge over the Neo 6, if you find you are parking for 2+ days without the vehicle moving, it could prove more helpful.

The duration is not an issue. I'm using the battery is more so as a relay/dumb +main. I don't want to wire the thing directly to the ACC+main directly in the event that it fails and decides to parasite and drain the actual main battery. ... The rated max 3.5amp, so rounding up to 5
Thanks for the reply, but now I'm more confused. lol
If you explained your application better you might get the help you need.
What is the 3.5 Amp draw coming from?
What are you trying to power?

I agree with Chuck. If Slow63 is powering just dashcams (and maybe a WiFi hotspot or similar), then 2A @~12V from Egen or Power Core battery packs should be sufficient.

Back