cheap dash cam

Jimbo

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Dash Cam
Lukas LK-7900 Ace
Anyone have a decent quality cheap dash cam?

I have a lukas 7900 ace for the front facing camera and I am looking for a cheap rear facing cam if anyone can help out.

Gotta agree with the two choices here for cheap and decent quality: G1W and Mobius.
You can also look at a G1W-C (capacitor version) VF300W or LS650W. I would pick amongst those unless you want to spend more.

Gotta agree with the two choices here for cheap and decent quality: G1W and Mobius.
You can also look at a G1W-C (capacitor version) VF300W or LS650W. I would pick amongst those unless you want to spend more.

if for rear window use in most vehicles I'd say the G1W (or variants) isn't that great a choice, it's too large and would be distracting if ideally placed

if for rear window use in most vehicles I'd say the G1W (or variants) isn't that great a choice, it's too large and would be distracting if ideally placed

That is true, it all depends on what you drive and what your preferences are I suppose.
I find it hard to ignore the size of the Mobius myself, hence I have 2 despite not being a dash cam per se.

yeah it's close to ideal for the rear window application, could be done better but if it was then it would lose its purpose for the RC crowd which is obviously a much bigger market for this particular product

would be nice to do something specific on this platform as it's possible to do something very cost effective and compact, I don't have a developer that works with Novatek though unfortunately so not a project for me

Back