Cheap Magnetic/Suction Cup Mounts for Mobius/SG9665GC/A118/B40 [Updated June 14, 2015]

USDashCamera

Reaction score
Country
United States
So I initially set out to make a portable mount for the sg9665gc and used a 3m adhesive but I did not like the fact that it made my mount unusable for a radar detector (the purpose of the mount I am using) and this is actually why the metal part is bent (from removing the 3M adhesive base plate).

I went the magnetic mount route and its worked awesome. the Suction cup mount is expensive but very versatile.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/B00CYSHUG8

Check below for a update video with a cheaper mount:

Added a new video on skipping the magnet and making a suction cup mount for the SG9665GC/A118/B40 with the same radar detector mount:

Also made this video to show what I keep in that clear box:

Last edited:
Have a cheaper alternative to the $30 mount:

Amazon sell it for $8:

Interesting, but those two small clear suction cup mounts don't have the secondary lever to keep it sucked to the window extra strong/longer. (not sure it would "hold up") I guess this would be good for a rental car on vacation etc. (good thing the GC comes with a spare mount too) It's too bad the good one is so expensive, I can't find the source.

Interesting, but those two small clear suction cup mounts don't have the secondary lever to keep it sucked to the window extra strong/longer. (not sure it would "hold up") I guess this would be good for a rental car on vacation etc. (good thing the GC comes with a spare mount too) It's too bad the good one is so expensive, I can't find the source.
Yea, the main reason I did this was to use in my work truck which is just temporary anyways.

you can always still use the standard suction cup mount for the mobius, but honestly I hate them. i like how these can get the lens right up against the glass.

I did not test this cheaper mount with the SG9665GC/A118C though but considering my radar detector is heavier it should work fine.

I am copying this one but I will be using a different hardware. Thanks for the video

how does one upload pics on this site?

Here are my pic. I had my son watch your video and told him to make one. We used 4 magnets from his supply. He is an EE major.:) We also have an old bracket from garmin and thats what we used to affix a thin metal to it. The challenge we have is which glue to use. We used rubber cement. Hoping it will hold. Its not as nice as your but it works. I made him cut the edges of the circle to make it more smooth. I think the kid wants me to bleed to death. LOL I will upload more pics later in the car. WP_20150531_002.jpg WP_20150531_003.jpg

Last edited:
Nice

When you apply an adhesive base to the window, hold the bracket base firmly against the glass for around 2 minutes, then wait 20 minutes before you bare any weight and or attach the camera to the glass. The tape has a 50% bond after 20 minutes, 100% bond takes 72 hours, if you put the camera on earlier than 20 minutes there's an increased chance it will fall off after a while.

. the Suction cup mount is expensive but very versatile.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/B00CYSHUG8

Maybe this one is a good option, lower cost and similar design.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/B01KP4X3UO
41wyj7u2PSL.jpg

Back