Choosing a First Dash Cam

Hello everybody ! Two weeks ago I've discovered this forum looking for advice to buy my first dash cam.Thanks to Niko I understood many things I didn,t know before.A professional adviser and very kind with all of us (I don't think this well-deserved congrats are off-topic...).I know you are fan of Panorama (100-200 $ range let 's say),due to your arguments I have read.I need your advice,regarding the following questions.All over it's been said that dashcams are used only as a witness of a illegality.But I intend to use one for recording a beautiful landscape,or a magnificient road as the ones I've been on this summer : Greece seaside and the twisting road through Bernadino pass...I 'm less interested if I can see the licence plate two or three meters further or closer....Of course,not disconsidering video quality ( being a beginner excuse my technical language : CPU type,CMOS,6 lens,15 Mbps,good and sharp night view-not interested in details and blurred,, violetish,, like Panorama2 - altough very good
as you showed us - etc ) and price in the range of 100-150 $ .Is GT680 W a good choice for all my requests and what would you propose me ?I have already read everything you and your collegues (Jokiin,druelf and others) have also professionaly said and I don't want you to say over the same answers (GT 350w is same as GT 300W,LS300w.....).Thank you very much

Hello everybody ! Two weeks ago I've discovered this forum looking for advice to buy my first dash cam.Thanks to Niko I understood many things I didn,t know before.A professional adviser and very kind with all of us (I don't think this well-deserved congrats are off-topic...).I know you are fan of Panorama (100-200 $ range let 's say),due to your arguments I have read.I need your advice,regarding the following questions.All over it's been said that dashcams are used only as a witness of a illegality.But I intend to use one for recording a beautiful landscape,or a magnificient road as the ones I've been on this summer : Greece seaside and the twisting road through Bernadino pass...I 'm less interested if I can see the licence plate two or three meters further or closer....Of course,not disconsidering video quality ( being a beginner excuse my technical language : CPU type,CMOS,6 lens,15 Mbps,good and sharp night view-not interested in details and blurred,, violetish,, like Panorama2 - altough very good
as you showed us - etc ) and price in the range of 100-150 $ .Is GT680 W a good choice for all my requests and what would you propose me ?I have already read everything you and your collegues (Jokiin,druelf and others) have also professionaly said and I don't want you to say over the same answers (GT 350w is same as GT 300W,LS300w.....).Thank you very much

I only have experience with 3 dash cameras but ill just give you my thoughts.
You don't want something super cheap or only 720p because you wont be happy.
Narrower field of view will look better for landscape because it will be less fish-eyed but you will obviously see less of it while your driving.
Higher bit rate it good but its mostly just at night you will notice. My 3 cameras are 6mbps, 9mbps and 15mbps. The 6 is too low in the day, theres a difference between the 9 and 15 and night but not noticeable in the day watching on a 32in tv.
My dod ls300w is the 15mbps with wdr and aiptek x2 is 9mbps with no wdr. The aiptek does a vastly better job of rendering the correct colour. With the ls300w the sky is always the wrong colour and snow is yellow, orange, sometimes a bit purpully... But its always white except under yellow streetlights with the aiptek x2. I believe (don't know for sure) that this is cause by the wdr chip as i see the same thing in videos online from other cameras with wdr. So maybe try a camera without wdr as you want it for daytime footage anyway and brings out things at night and i don't believe benefits in the daytime.

Yea this gskill class 10 32gb sd card, ff-tsdg32ga-c10 from newegg sucks, its not recording lots of clips. I'll go through my recordings for the day and like the first 2 hours of the day are always missing(itll go back a few hours and then itll just be clips from the previous days). I turned off the auto g sensor thing too even, and have formatted multiple times.

I need a new card.

Back