Choosing a First Dash Cam

Thanks, that's all I needed to hear. Just really weird to me that there's just like 30 models of the same cam and they're all exactly the same in different shells. It's almost as weird as you buying all the different models (no offense, I'm sure there's valid reason, ie reviewer, manufacturer, fleet of cars, etc, and I appreciate the reviewing and info).
These are what is commonly referred to as public model product, assembly factories buy the bits and put together whatever they want, you end up with hoards of me too product that are not the same, very confusing for customers and a poor business model

Okay, thanks. FOD9U3 was a $3 coupon I found searching online quickly for 'foxoffer coupon' knocking the price to $69 shipped for the vf300w I linked earlier from foxoffer (so cheaper than aliexpress in the end).

I'll get that gskill 32gb class 10 from newegg for $19 in a bit too.

Shenzen Givoe @ AliExpress $70
LS300w neutral

Hey guys, i'm new here. A very helpful forum.

Ordered this one yesterday also from Givoe -with a discount- for 70$
My decision was mostly based on niko's video-comparisons. Although Givoe states LS300W or GT300W on their articles, i'm expecting to get a VF300W: 1st) because of the price and 2nd) the package photo on aliexpress looks exactly the same like the one in the "VF300W" from FoxOffer (Pics, videos, box) thread.

Will report about quality of this device as soon as it arrives..

Last edited by a moderator:
Yea as I understand, givoe sells vf300ws. I was actually considering that buyer myself, because it was $2 cheaper than foxoffer, but if you use the $3 foxoffer coupon it's cheaper at foxoffer by $1. Plus, a few very loud people here insist on foxoffer over anyone else. Not sure why, they don't give much substantiated reason for it.

Always google coupon + retailer before making a purchase, half the time you'll find coupons listed on coupon sites that are relevant. Made the choice pretty easy for me. Apparently foxoffer has coupon codes all the time, we just missed a $5, $6, and $9 they had.

$3 to $1 cheaper or is not really much ;-) If Foxoffer has good reputation here, that's good to know. 'Cause i had good experiences with different sellers on Aliexpress (mostly bought some China Tablets on this sellers plattform) i decided to order there .. BUT surpringsingly they don't accept Moneybookers/Skrill anymore. Made the actual order now via credit card (it expires next month so i'm not afraid about future scam), but this will be definitely my last order on Aliexpress. First they banned Paypal, then the banney Moneybookers/Skrill. As i see now, you can buy via Paypal at Foxoffer, that's a big PRO. If i buy another dashcam some time, i will probably go for Foxoffer next.

EDIT: when checking the Givoe Aliexpress article sites again, there's a link to their (regular?) website www.egos.cc. There it's offered for $65 and they seem to accept Paypal http://www.egos.cc/products/Super-N...-Dash-Camera-GT300W-supports-WDR-Full-HD.html

Last edited:
I agree that in the long run ( maybe a year or two) buying from a reliable vendor for extra few dollars more would be better. So I ordered the VF-300 from Fox offer for $70 even though I could have gotten the same for $65 from egos. And I knew both the prices but still went with Foxoffer. Firstly I do not know if what they show in the picture is what they ship. Secondly there is better chance of a customer service with Foxofffer than egos. Let us see what happens. Will report when I get it.

$3 to $1 cheaper or is not really much ;-) If Foxoffer has good reputation here, that's good to know. 'Cause i had good experiences with different sellers on Aliexpress (mostly bought some China Tablets on this sellers plattform) i decided to order there .. BUT surpringsingly they don't accept Moneybookers/Skrill anymore. Made the actual order now via credit card (it expires next month so i'm not afraid about future scam), but this will be definitely my last order on Aliexpress. First they banned Paypal, then the banney Moneybookers/Skrill. As i see now, you can buy via Paypal at Foxoffer, that's a big PRO. If i buy another dashcam some time, i will probably go for Foxoffer next.

EDIT: when checking the Givoe Aliexpress article sites again, there's a link to their (regular?) website www.egos.cc. There it's offered for $65 and they seem to accept Paypal http://www.egos.cc/products/Super-N...-Dash-Camera-GT300W-supports-WDR-Full-HD.html

No, $3 to $1 isn't much of a difference, but I'd still prefer to buy from the cheapest retailer no matter what. I mean given foxoffer and aliexpress being equal, why would you pick the more expensive one, even if it's a dollar. But I've heard lots of vouches for foxoffer so it was a pretty clear choice, as people recommended them over ali even when it was $3 more expensive.

I don't think vendors matter, it's the manufacturer that matters. It's like when you go into retail stores and they try to sell you that crappy 1 year warranty or something. it's like, wtf, why would I do that when the manufacturer already does it. It's just a scam. A vendor will never cover you. Even the best of them, like newegg, once it's past 30 days, there's nothing they will do for you. Only matter of vendor is that they'll do the right thing if the item is DOA or something, but even then the manufacturer will cover it. As long as the vendor is trustworthy and good rep, but the same goes for seller on ebay or aliexpress.

Foxoffer won't offer any 'customer service'. They aren't going to diagnose your unit or anything, they'll do the same as any seller, take it back if it's DOA. And sellers have a strong incentive for customer service because of feedback, and, the site (ebay/aliexpress) will always mediate on the side of the buyer because they know they can treat sellers like **** but they have to kiss buyer ass.

i hate this anti-non-big-corporation-retailer ****. I've bought from many reputable buyers on sites like ebay that went above and beyond, more than any store. And i've been screwed over much more by retailers. I mean when you think about it, you could've bought that unit from sears.com or some other rip-off 'legit' site.

Just buy from a good seller, that's all. I'm sure foxoffer is good, but aliexpress isn't the seller, the guy listing it there is. Estore009 is an example of a good guy like this.

Cam arrived. I didnt realize that there was no playback from the tft. Why in the world would you have a display and not have playback on it. Kinda makes me want to have picked a clamshell model or one with no display for smaller.

I mean i know it helps with positioning but you just review video, it would be a pain setting up but you only do that once.

Neat cam though. I dont see why youd ever use a gopro or any other helmet cam, just use a dash cam. or as any video cam.

Cam arrived. I didnt realize that there was no playback from the tft. Why in the world would you have a display and not have playback on it. Kinda makes me want to have picked a clamshell model or one with no display for smaller.

you sure about that? the instructions are poor sometimes so perhaps you just haven't entered the correct mode for playback

Cam arrived. I didnt realize that there was no playback from the tft. Why in the world would you have a display and not have playback on it.

Which cam? Vf300w? I got mine 2 weeks ago. You can enter playback mode by long pressing the "menu" button. Then select desired video with "up"/"down" key. Play/pause with "record" key. With 1 short click on "menu" you enter playback menu and may choose to delete the file, all files or secure the selected file so that it survives the overwrite cycles.

Best regards
Mick

gesendet mit tapatalk

It should be a VF300W .. like written above in posting no.143, the package is the same like the one from FoxOffer

So far, i'm satisfied with the good video quality of the VF300W. Tested it today on my way to work. No complaints yet, will see how it is doing its job at night..

Last edited:

I mean i know it helps with positioning but you just review video, it would be a pain setting up but you only do that once.

Neat cam though. I dont see why youd ever use a gopro or any other helmet cam, just use a dash cam. or as any video cam.[/quote
Well do you like the quality? Figure out the playback yet? Id it the same as the vidios you saw uploaded?

It put my question in the quote... So:
Well do you like the quality? Figure out the playback yet? Id it the same as the vidios you saw uploaded?

Back