Clarification about Nextbase 512GW parking mode.

Just following up as I’ve bought a 512GW and rear cam but have to wait until feb for an install so will be using via the 12v socket until then

When hardwired using the Nextbase hardwire kit, the instructions mention vintage protection at 11.2v - that seems incredibly low - and makes me think his shouldn’t be wired up to permanently live. I often leave the car for several days on the drive. I guess g-shock only triggering should help reduce battery use but a safety net would be good.

If it goes into parking mode while I’m stuck in a traffic jam for example, how does it switch back to normal mode? It’ll sense a g shock from me starting to move but it’ll still be in parking mode as I haven’t switched the engine on (it’s still in as I’m stuck in traffic)

Just want to make sure I don’t get caught out by edge cases and find it not recording for a chunk of a journey.

Last edited:
Why have you asked exactly the same question in two different threads?:eek:

@M8TJT Hi there, yes you are correct, I did apologise for this on the fresh thread I created, I see you have answered there aswell, new to the forums and just finding my feet, I'll delete this post here, thanks :)

So for anyone interested, my thread is here:

Do you need to disconnect the dock/adaptor from the car when parked with or without the camera attached, is battery drainage/safety an issue?
https://dashcamtalk.com/forum/threa...-battery-drainage-an-issue.37464/#post-447831

Last edited:
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
T 512GW 0
S 512GW 7
Drew1951 512GW 7
C 512GW 5
A 512GW 1
Back