CLOSE CALL! Motorcycle nearly crashed into car (Front & Rear Dashcam)

Blink Blink

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I saw the motorcycle rider in my rearview mirror and noticed the white car in front of me moving over to the right (there was no way the car in front of me could have seen the bike from that distance). I quickly moved to my left a little and gave a sharp blast of my horn as I flashed my headlights in the hope the car driver would see the developing situation. Luckily an accident was averted today.

Last edited:
Close indeed, but i cant see the lane changing driver doing anything wrong, and i can see why lane splitting are not legal here, and understand why i cant get bikers do that even if it is legal where they live.

That biker wont last long i think.

Close indeed, but i cant see the lane changing driver doing anything wrong, and i can see why lane splitting are not legal here, and understand why i cant get bikers do that even if it is legal where they live.

That biker wont last long i think.

The car driver in front of me did nothing wrong to be honest. I practically had my heart in my mouth when I saw the whole situation developing in front of me.

Its always good to have a good situational awareness when you drive, this helped me when getting my C & CE stamps in my license as the teacher did not have to remind me to use my mirrors often.
BUT ! it have also gotten me close to trouble some times as i have experienced near misses when timing was off and my eyes / mind have been elsewhere than the car right in front of me.

But i would rather have my heightened situational awareness than none or little of it when driving.

Its always good to have a good situational awareness when you drive, this helped me when getting my C & CE stamps in my license as the teacher did not have to remind me to use my mirrors often.
BUT ! it have also gotten me close to trouble some times as i have experienced near misses when timing was off and my eyes / mind have been elsewhere than the car right in front of me.

But i would rather have my heightened situational awareness than none or little of it when driving.

True that. Situational awareness has nearly gotten me in trouble a few times also especially when I am scanning all around me as I drive, ride or fly. It is a good tool to have but as you know, it can pull you in and by the time you look ahead it may be too late

yes, but you'd have your 15 minutes of fame, or maybe a funeral, hard to say

Naaaaa. A life is still a life and I can never in good conscience sit back and allow another human being to lose their life

Naaaaa. A life is still a life and I can never in good conscience sit back and allow another human being to lose their life

you're on the bike, I don't think it would have been anyone else's funeral you'd be going to, not theories you really want to be testing when you're a bike rider ;)

you're on the bike, I don't think it would have been anyone else's funeral you'd be going to, not theories you really want to be testing when you're a bike rider ;)

Correction. I was in my car and was not the motorcycle rider in this footage :rolleyes:

Correction. I was in my car and was not the motorcycle rider in this footage :rolleyes:

didn't watch the video, thought it was your other one with lane splitting, would still be the bike coming off worse for wear, just not you in this case

I ride as well but really some riders just take risks that they shouldn't, you don't get too many second chances with this kind of thing

Indeed and if you carry a speed that's 30 - 40 km/h faster that the other traffic, then from their perspective you are there like a rabbit out of a hat, and the same apply for you as the MC driver.
Its one of those chances that common sanity should prevent people from making.

Usual nonsense, biker rides dangerously, high on the mantra "it's filtering, it's allowed, everyone has to stay out of my way", then when the dirt predictably hits the fan the moron gets angry at a driver doing what car drivers do and whacks the car mirror MAKING IT DANGEROUS FOR EVERYONE.

I have nothing but contempt for such people. Maybe next time I see one coming I should move into his path, then chant "It's lane changing, it's allowed!!!!"

Back