Comparisons between blackvue DR600 and the SC9665GC

dyel74

Reaction score
Country
Australia
Dash Cam
Blackvue DR600GW, DR3500FHD, Street Guardian SG9665GC
Hi all,

I'm thinking of complementing my current blackvue dr600gw with one of these for the front.

My current setup consists of dr600gw for the front and a dr300fhd for the rear. I have both these cams powered by the Anypower t power plus alpha UPS and this has served me well with 24/7 recording.

What drew my attention to the Street Guardian was its superior quality of night time footage and the support by the manufacturer in these forums (jokiin and Pier28)

Does anyone know where I can buy the SG in Australia? They seem to be out of stock everywhere I've looked.

Edit:
Would appreciate if someone could explain how the parking mode works, compared to the blackvue dr600gw. For the blackvue, the cam automatically switches to parking mode after the vehicle has been stationary for 10 mins.

Thanks

Last edited:
Capitol Computer (George St Sydney) has a couple of SG9665GC in stock at the moment, they do online sales as well if you're not near there at all

Capitol Computer (George St Sydney) has a couple of SG9665GC in stock at the moment, they do online sales as well if you're not near there at all

Thanks jokiin. I went to their website earlier but couldn't find the unit listed.

They probably don't have it listed but have them in stock, if you call and ask for Khai he looks after that

Thanks mate, I work close by so will enquire tomorrow :)

Does the SG parking mode work similar to blackvue's?

Thanks

Not the same, if you want to use motion detect there are some more adjustments in the latest firmware that make that more suitable, the stock they have will be on the prior version still

Hi all,

I'm thinking of complementing my current blackvue dr600gw with one of these for the front.
I don't know about complimenting, but blowing the blackspew out of the water. you wont want anything to do with the blackspews once you see the quality of the SG9665GC

I have no doubt the SG is superior, but to be honest the blackvue has been serving me well and has worked flawlessly since purchased about 4 months ago. I also used custom firmware to up the bitrate to 13mbits :)

I have no doubt the SG is superior, but to be honest the blackvue has been serving me well and has worked flawlessly since purchased about 4 months ago. I also used custom firmware to up the bitrate to 13mbits :)
Russian custom FW is the only way how squeeze most of BV, however vs SG it's can not compete from IQ point of view.

I have the Blackvue DR600GW mounted on my back window and it works great. Have the SG9665GC mounted on front window. I drive a Ford FG sedan and its been a great combination. My DR600GW runs Alexsolls custom firmware which takes it quite a few notches above standard. Only thing on back window the Blackvue more often has the sound go off when hitting bumps etc. Also be aware if you have your radio aerial in back window as may interfere. Mine doesn't but seems to have less range when driving away towards country. I do not use parking modes or motion detect personally. Also have downloaded the new firmware but in no hurry to update as no great advantage for me. Both have awesome video but the Sg9665GC is just much clearer.

1. the video quality is much better SG.
2. Parking mode better dr600
3. SG - more reliable

Just picked up this unit from Capitol Computers. They had 3 units in stock.

Can't wait to finish work to install this baby next to my DR600GW!! These two dashcams will be mounted, side by side, and powered through an Anypower T Power Plus Alpha UPS (hardwired to the fuse box). I'll also be putting a 64gb Kingston micro sd card in the SG, instead of the 32gb one that came with the unit.

I also ordered a Cellink B battery pack and that's on its way from Korea. Parking mode is really important to me, and I plan on running these cams 24/7 - 2 at the front and a DR300FHD at the back.

Man, I'm so excited :)

you'll want to update the firmware to the latest version, it wasn't released when they got their stock

also there's an updated bracket coming and a new card reader, message me your details and I'll send those out to you once we get them in

Thanks Jokiin.

This this the firmware I should be using (scroll right down to the bottom):
SG9665GM SG9665GPS – Firmware update latest http://www.streetguardian.info/support/

I'll PM you my details.

Cheers

Installed the dashcam tonight. All in all, it was a fairly straight forward process. The most time consuming task was actually peeling back the 3M double-sided tape. That step alone took an horrific 15 mins.

I also updated the firmware to the latest version, as per jokiin's advice. That update went smoothly. I am also using a 64gb Kingston microSD card as well after formatting it in the unit. The unit will be running 24/7, battery pack permitting, so I'll monitor how this goes over the next couple of days.

The photos below show where the unit is being mounted on the windscreen, the placement of the GPS on the dash, and the unit's position relative to my Blackvue DR600GW.

isiy4z.jpg

vbdIzc.jpg

LFjfVs.jpg

GlUOVh.jpg

yxoOhi.jpg

7dP9Rv.jpg

1Sh1ga.jpg

k4OYie.jpg

Does anyone know what the "Auto shutdown" option does? By default, this is set to 1 minute.

Installed the dashcam tonight. All in all, it was a fairly straight forward process. The most time consuming task was actually peeling back the 3M double-sided tape. That step alone took an horrific 15 mins.

I also updated the firmware to the latest version, as per jokiin's advice. That update went smoothly. I am also using a 64gb Kingston microSD card as well after formatting it in the unit. The unit will be running 24/7, battery pack permitting, so I'll monitor how this goes over the next couple of days.

How do you power your dashcam? Via power stocket or fusebox?

Can you upload sample video from your dashcam?

Back