Compatible micro sd card for F770

Apart from the one I bought was a U3 faster one it is the same card, I bought this after seeing a sd card review on youtube, my one was fake I was hoping my samsung pro and evo would work but no they don't I just want more capacity I was hit by a cyclist just cracked my rear bumper shortly after I left my house for my doctors appointment, I forgot I could have saved the footage by hitting REC and due to my doctors being a 4 HOUR round trip of 110 miles I disconnected the rear cam to save space, I wanted to keep the footage in case I then got a letter claiming I had injured them.
It's very annoying thinkware don't do bigger capacity cards than 64GB, though I was told about a device that supposedly plugs in SD slot and gives pretty much unlimited capacity, "a little box" like a external hard drive can't find it any where though so assume I was told rubbish

Jokiin I can understand the thinking and I'm sure there are some far cleverer people than myself that could make this if commercially viable, but I'll just buy a few more 64GB thinkware cards if I feel the need

I would not go near the Samsung cards as they are using TLC types now. I hate to say it but the lexar and the dreaded horrible sandisks use MLC which is far greater.

More recent lexar cards don't seem to work. I have 2 x 64gb,one works and the other does not purchased a year plus apart. Same partition table, format etc it just memory card errors

Last edited:
Gram, yes please do confirm whether this card works or not that would be very much appreciated, thank you.

Thinkware really needs to revamp their compatibility issues with memory cards...

the hardware they use is nothing special, plenty of others using the same components in their cameras and they don't have the same sorts of limitations as to what cards they'll work with, the others don't sell their own branded memory cards though so no incentive for them to want to restrict what cards their cameras will work with I guess

.... and today my six month old PNY 32GB Elite card failed after parking out in the sun for a couple hours. Card self-write-protected and cannot be formatted. Still deciding whether or not I'll RMA the card; while PNY does not yet exclude dash came use I know full well the failure was from my using it in an extreme environment and it's such a cheap card.

So... IMHO consumer grade cards just aren't up to the task. I'll price an industrial grade MLC replacement or a Thinkware branded replacement.

Edit: upon seeing the Thinkware 64GB card at $55 from Amazon I just sucked it up and ordered one. Sure it's expensive, but it's actually less than the Transcend High Endurance 64GB card. I'll keep my 32GB Thinkware card as my secondary card. The intent of having dual cards is you can swap them out if need be.

Last edited:
Hi Gram,
Many many thanks for letting me know, guess what I'm buying in the morning!!

I recently bought a Samsung EVO+ 256GB microSDXC, but unfortunately it is not recognised by F750 (flashed to F770 firmware). It appears the SanDisk 200GB is the largest card that can be used.

Hello @Aussie & @tabetha , I finally received the Transcend 128GB MicroSDXC TS128GUSDU1 and I can confirm that it does indeed work. Sorry for the late reply shipping took forever to get it up here in Canada.

Keep us posted on how it does over time. Particularly if you park in full sun often. I'd be concerned that the Premium version doesn't seem to be an MLC card.

http://uk.transcend-info.com/products/images/modelpic/697/ProductSheet_Card_microSD-V14.pdf

https://www.carcamcentral.com/guide/recommended-sd-cards-avoid-sandisk-ultra-cards

Last edited:
Yep, sounds normal on both counts.

TLC NAND flash memory doesn't handle the heat well and the cards fail into a read-only status. I've had two cards do that now. Recommend using industrial grade MLC NAND flash memory cards.

As for the new Lexar 633x -- as documented in various other posts here, it seems Lexar made a change earlier this year and the newer versions of those cards no longer work in the F770.

As for the new Lexar 633x -- as documented in various other posts here, it seems Lexar made a change earlier this year and the newer versions of those cards no longer work in the F770.

Lexar are exiting the memory business, probably a brand to avoid going forward anyway

Lexar are exiting the memory business, probably a brand to avoid going forward anyway
Yes, Micron announced they are discontinuing their Lexar retail brand and potentially looking to sell it. Seems they will continue to support customers at least for the time being. More info: https://www.micron.com/about/blogs/...nuing-lexar-removable-storage-retail-business

Too bad really, the Lexar 64GB 2000x UHS-II U3 card smokes the competition in terms of speed in digital camera.

yes there are people using larger cards without issue in the F770, conversely there are those that have had all sorts of trouble with larger cards, the support for alternative cards on these is one of their downsides unfortunately

Its Not just the larger cards. I have recently purchased a ADATA 64gb Class 10 card and after 2 weeks, it has failed.

I only very recently invested in a Thinkware F770 with a 16Gb card included. Intent on maxing-out the memory capacity however, I decided to purchase a 64Gb Kingston-branded card... I now wish I hadn't. Under no circumstances will the F770 recognise the Kingston card, irrespective of the formatting type, or the programme used to format it. This is a real shame for me, as I generally hold Kingston to be a reputable brand.
I can, however, attest to the compatability of the Lexar 300x lineup - at least the 32Gb card, that is. I am waiting now to receive a 64Gb Lexar card in the mail, on the strength of that. Having said that though, I'm hoping that it actually works.
Any advice on how I may ultimately get the Kingston card to play nice with the F770, however, would be appreciated.

Back