Compatible micro sd card for F770

Hope it's a genuine card, I've been using the Evo+ 128GB for a while now in both the F750 and F770 with no issues. Surprised Samsung's higher end card would be giving you issues.

This one is a contradiction then too

This one is a contradiction then too

You quoted messages from July and November of 2016. At the time, some 128GB microSD cards worked for the F750/F770 - specifically, the Lexar 633x lineup.

Lexar had a change in manufacturing and now almost no 128GB microSD cards work for the F750/F770.

Just called Thinkware UK and they have said that their 128gb will not work in the F770.
WTF!!!
How can you have a product that's not fit for purpose like this? I wanted a camera that would have a parking mode for while i'm at work all day. A 64Gb card with duel cameras only lasts 4-5 hours before it either stops recording or overwrites the card.
I got the camera as a Christmas present as i was under the impression (from here and other sites), that certain 128gb cards would work with the F770. To say I am disappointed and not happy is an understatement.

Should've bough another camera by the looks of it. Anyone want to buy a 2 week old F770?

The F770 was never intended nor labelled for compatibility for 128GB microSD cards from the manufacturer. The Lexar 633x 128GB did work for the F770 before the card was changed internally last year.

The F800 Pro would be the ideal choice for 128GB microSD card compatibility.

The F770 was never labelled as being compatible with 128Gb cards when it was launched probably because up until recently Thinkware didn't actually sell or advertise a 128Gb card. I think most customers naively assumed that as soon as Thnkware sold larger cards (which were obviously needed), they would be compatible at leat with their top of the range products.

After paying the high price for a F770 and seeing experiencing its limitations and software peculiarities there is no way i would spend even more money on a more expensive model. The F800 may be able to take 128Gb cards, but I believe that it also doesn't have the facility to manually configure partition sizes which I think is a flaw in all Thinkware products.

I do not believe that companies that make products like this should restrict the use of memory cards in either make or size as all it does it alienate customers.

I think that this is especially true when that company is one that the majority of 'regular' people have ever heard of.

It's bad enough when companies like Apple or Adobe make restrictions on their products but at least their products are at the top of their respective fields and do pretty much everything flawlessly an away. These companies also actively listen to their customers as well often adding or changing things when requested / required.

While we cannot speak on behalf of Thinkware, the F770 was definitely not advertised as being compatible with 128GB microSD cards. Not very fair to blame or bash the manufacturer in this case when it's just some of the general consumer public that have been "incorrectly" stating that 128GB microSD cards do work with the F770, when all the experts (us and other vendors) knew that this was not the case (minus the last generation Lexar 633x card).

I don't want to cause an argument about this but Blackbox my car has obvuoisuly forgotten that they have written the following regarding 128Gb cards and that they have recomemded at least two 128Gb cards and not one. Both the Lexar 633x card and Evo+ 128GB have been recorded.

These comments may have been made a even a year ago but when statements like this are made its not unreasonable for customers or potential customers to think that either these or other cards produced in the future will also work.

You might think that I am either 'blaming or bashing the manufacturer' but i don't. For a product that is as expensive as this product is and at the level of prestige that Thinkware want to market this product at at, I think these are legitimate questions regarding legitimate issues.

If this product wasn't pitched as a premium product and if it only cost $100 I wouldn't be anywhere near as concerned about these issues as i am.

At the end of the day I obviously chose the wrong manufacturer when i chose a dash cam for my car.

I don't want to cause an argument about this but Blackbox my car has obvuoisuly forgotten that they have written the following regarding 128Gb cards and that they have recomemded at least two 128Gb cards and not one. Both the Lexar 633x card and Evo+ 128GB have been recorded.

These comments may have been made a even a year ago but when statements like this are made its not unreasonable for customers or potential customers to think that either these or other cards produced in the future will also work.

You might think that I am either 'blaming or bashing the manufacturer' but i don't. For a product that is as expensive as this product is and at the level of prestige that Thinkware want to market this product at at, I think these are legitimate questions regarding legitimate issues.

If this product wasn't pitched as a premium product and if it only cost $100 I wouldn't be anywhere near as concerned about these issues as i am.

At the end of the day I obviously chose the wrong manufacturer when i chose a dash cam for my car.

You're absolutely correct, we did say that. However It seems the manufacturing of the cards have changed. The reason we say this is because even the 64GB Samsung EVO + and EVO Select is having issues with the Thinkware cameras. So while the camera hasn't changed and we do keep some of our test cameras on older firmware the only variable is the cards themselves.

Since we're not the manufactures and we can't really say exactly what's changed we just take information from our customers and through our testing and pass it on.

-Jimmy @ BlackboxMyCar

You're absolutely correct, we did say that. However It seems the manufacturing of the cards have changed.

this is very common amongst card manufacturers, the controller chipset, NAND flash and firmware of the card can vary from production to production with no changes to the model number/series/packaging of the card to indicate any difference to the consumer

I came across a Samsung Memory 128 GB EVO Plus MicroSDXC UHS-I on Amazon the other day....it's a litte dearer than I paid and mine was also shipped by Amazon, but I can confirm that this one 100% works.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/B00WR0HIR4

Well I bought that exact card after I read your post, from Amazon (not a third party seller). put it in my cam and it did indeed work initially. My satisfaction was short lived however, as when the cam powered on after being in parking mode it did what others have experienced and just started complaining with the "memory card error, restarting" message. I couldn't even it get it to work again by ejecting and reinserting the card.

Luckily, I needed a large sd card like that for my new phone so it didn't go to waste (although since I bought it from Amazon I suppose I could have just sent it back to them as they're pretty good with their 30 day money back guarantee thing). I still want a 128gb card, due to using the the rear cam as well, even though it's looking increasingly like cards made since last year just won't work regardless of manufacturer.

I formatted mine in my PC first as exFAT and then formatted it in the dashcam.....mines still going strong. All I can think of it's just a different batch....sorry pal :(

No worries, as I say it didn't go to waste. I did format it in the dashcam when I first popped it in too now I come to think of it so maybe thats why it worked ok initially, might have been able to get it to work again if I'd done some formatting outside the dashcam but that's not ideal. Probably was a different batch though as you say, when I went onto the product page the other week Amazon was selling it but they were backordered so were obviously awaiting stock. Must have got the short end of the straw in terms of the stock that worked. But no matter, I've ordered the second choice now; the transcend that was mentioned a couple of pages back. It's 28 quid more expensive than the samsung was but everyone who bought it on here seems to think it works without issue so if it does I'd be happy to pay the extra loot. And if it doesn't work Amazon can have it back, hah.

That's when I ordered mine when they were awaiting stock and was sent out two days later. I hope you find one as I hated the 32gb one that came with mine as it was always saying the annoying "Format Memory Card" every week.

I maybe woth taking the punt as you say it can be returned to Amazon.

BTW are you running the latest firmware on your F770? As I upgraded mine before I inserted the card.

I bought the Transcend card mentioned earlier in this thread and it is still working perfectly.

That's when I ordered mine when they were awaiting stock and was sent out two days later. I hope you find one as I hated the 32gb one that came with mine as it was always saying the annoying "Format Memory Card" every week.

I maybe woth taking the punt as you say it can be returned to Amazon.

BTW are you running the latest firmware on your F770? As I upgraded mine before I inserted the card.

When I tested the new 128gb card I wasn't running the latest firmware, but I am now. Hmm, that didn't cross my mind. I'll have to go test it again. I bought the transcend card anyway which is arriving hopefully tomorrow. Hopefully one or the other is going to work fine.

Just to follow up, I got the Transcend card the other day but only just got the chance to try it today and it seemingly works fine so far. I've had no complaints from the dashcam all day.

I picked up this card a while back, https://www.amazon.com/gp/B01CO48M36 and have been using it in my F770 for a few days. I keep getting "Memory card error" and "Please insert memory card" errors occasionally after the unit is coming out of parking mode or power up for the first time. If I eject the card and pop it back in, it works but I really want one that just works all the time... I might give the Lexar 633x 128gb a try and see. I just don't want to keep wasting money on sd cards though lol.
I have the exact same problem - I think I even ordered this Samsung Pro+ 128GB card from Amazon as well - the dashcam keeps stating that the card is not compatible (or needs to be reformatted - forget which) and then has to restart itself, after which, it works fine, apparently.

However, the delay is over 3 minutes, so sometimes you are driving without recording any video - or have to wait until it restarts itself and confirms recording...

Back