Compatible micro sd card for F770

So I installed the sd card in the dash cam and it works and I formatted it.

That's great! Keep us posted a lot of cards work at first but fail over time

-Jimmy @ BlackboxMyCar

Hi I've just bought one of these Transcend Micro SD cards mentioned earlier in the thread. What's the best way to use it. Does it need formatting in a PC first, if so what format. Do I need to copy any existing files on to it beforehand? And finally, do I put the SD card into the camera with the camera powered on or off.

Depending on the camera you should be able to just put the memory card in the dash cam itself and format it that way. It's recommended that you do so with the camera powered off.

-Jimmy @ BlackboxMyCar

Depending on the camera you should be able to just put the memory card in the dash cam itself and format it that way. It's recommended that you do so with the camera powered off.

-Jimmy @ BlackboxMyCar

Thanks. That worked well. Camera was already off, replaced the SD card, turned on the ignition, formatted and off it went. Fingers crossed, 2 days and fine so far.

So I bought 2 Sandisk 128 Ultra cards this week. The first one from Amazon - was no good, didn't feel right out of the box and when i put it in the camera memory error. Had a hard time getting it out and could not read the card on my computer - probably cheap copy :( Sent it back immediately Amazon paid for the return.

Decided to try again and order one from BestBuy for $8 more, it arrived this morning. Checked it on my mac -no problem :) put it in the cam and formatted - no problem I will get back it a problem occurs. Watch out for the cards from Amazon - I should have know better.

@Volter
Leave some poor review for the chap you purchased from!
Those SD card scoundrels :troll:

Sandisk 128 Ultra from BestBuy 7 days later still working, even needed to get some footage off the card for a bus company whose driver cut me off. :)

Sandisk 128 Ultra from BestBuy 7 days later still working, even needed to get some footage off the card for a bus company whose driver cut me off. :)
Are you using the SanDisk Ultra A1 Card from BestBuy?

-Stuart @ BlackboxMyCar

I have the BlackVue sd card 64gb in my 750-2ch.
I would like to upgrade to a 128gb, besides the BlackVue sd card is there any other good sd card that will perform the same as the BlackVue sd card for a bit cheaper then what BlackVue sd card?

I have the BlackVue sd card 64gb in my 750-2ch.
I would like to upgrade to a 128gb, besides the BlackVue sd card is there any other good sd card that will perform the same as the BlackVue sd card for a bit cheaper then what BlackVue sd card?
I would suggest either SanDisk Ultra A1 or Transcend 400x for compatible cards with your DR750S.

In the past, we have steered away from Sandisk cards as they have proven to be unreliable and incompatible for dash cams, but this notion has completely changed with the introduction of the new SanDisk Ultra A1. Memory Card Update! - SanDisk Ultra A1 | BlackboxMyCar.

-Stuart @ BlackboxMyCar

Thanks for the instant response guys @BlackboxMyCar & @jokiin !
I first was looking into getting the Samsung Evo Plus from Best Buy @ $99.99.

I will look into the Sandisk A1 (been hearing good stuff about this new sd card from Sandisk)

What do you guys think will happen if I put a 256GB sd card in the BlackVue

Last edited:
Thanks for the instant response guys @BlackboxMyCar & @jokiin !
I first was looking into getting the Samsung Evo Plus from Best Buy @ $99.99.

I will look into the Sandisk A1 (been hearing good stuff about this new sd card from Sandisk)

What do you guys think will happen if I put a 256GB sd card in the BlackVue ?

We have yet to find a card that is dashcam friendly and able to accept and record without issues.
We generally recommend going with a 128GB card as the top recommended capacity to avoid instability issues.

-Stuart @ BlackboxMyCar

Are you using the SanDisk Ultra A1 Card from BestBuy?

-Stuart @ BlackboxMyCar
Ok, it's been 19 days, received some polarizing filters today and went to install them. I noticed in a vid last week that the motion was stalling out when I used playback on my phone it seemed to have gone away and it came back today while I was testing the filters. I still need to pull the card from the camera and play the vids on my mac. I pulled the card before I tested it again i did a format in the camera. Out of 36 continuous recording files, 3 had a stutter on playback. We are going on a long road trip and I am hoping it's not the card. Over the next week, I will monitor how it is working. I have a feeling that the card is not keeping up with the camera :( The Thinkware 128 cards are so expensive I might have to live with my 32gb which came with the camera. Means I need to figure out what I need to copy the files to my iPad each night (i know I have an apple card reader somewhere).

On a separate note the polarizing filters work as they should :)

Last edited:
Hello everyone!
So, I updated my F770 dual dashcam to the .08 firmware and... boom!
My Hama 64 GB micro SDHC, which I used in the previous firmware version, .06 I guess, and which is a couple of months used, refused to work. The camera, after a couple of engine starts, with or without parking mode, but mostly parking mode on, advised me that "memory card error, restarting" and kept buzzing in that way. So, after reading this topic and others, I decided to give it a try by downgrade the firmware, from .08 to .05 (actually is .06 in Camera info), and not works, no more audible warning messages form my precious F770 :D
So, one could get rid of the audible Memory Card Error by downgrade the camera with a previous firmware, and STOP USING THE .08 ONE.
BTW, the Thinkware F770 is the best dashcam. Dunno about F800, but I am very pleased about it and actually saved me from arguing in an accident, so the police decided after watching the recording that I was in the right lane, so the money from the insurance company covered the dashcam for about 3 times :D
Safe driving and smooth rides my friends! ;-)

Untitled.jpg

Hi, new user and soon to be owner of an F770. So is the the SanDisk A1 still working for folks? I’m about to order one in 128GB in anticipation of my camera arriving next week.

Thanks.

Back