Compatible SD cards??

So the read test took about 4,5 hours?

dashuser said:
So the read test took about 4,5 hours?
yeah about that, took a bloody long time, I left it run overnight, not sure exact time.

Dscheng said:
Ya.. i am running at 64GB class 10. The exact storage is 59GB. My cam is recording at 12mpbs, can capture 10 over + hour. So far so good.
But remember to format the 64Gb card to FAT file system set as 32KB cluster.
Did you do the custom firmware update on the 64 GB card? Can FW be updated via 64GB card? I'm getting a 64GB Sandisk and want to know whether to run the FW update on a smaller car first or can it all be accomplished on 64GB card?

Mio said:
64 gb work without problems
Only need to format the device that supports this type of card
Do not format the DVR
Please excuse my ignorance but what is DVR?

pidge said:
Mio said:
64 gb work without problems
Only need to format the device that supports this type of card
Do not format the DVR
Please excuse my ignorance but what is DVR?

Digital Video Recorder aka the dashcam
Different terms in different regions of the world

my sandisk ultra 64gb arrived today, formatted perfectly, ran perfectly in camera.
sent other faulty/fake sd card back and got full refund.

Hi guys, after reading thru the thread I'm interested to upgrade to 64G scandisk , my question is I'll be using the stock 1.008 FW English version (not the custom)
1) I still need to format using the guiformat software ?
2) The cluster size I need to set it as ?

read the thread, no you cant use a 64gb in the camera and format it, its a different file system, you'll need gui format utility to convert it to usable format.

wozzzzza said:
read the thread, no you cant use a 64gb in the camera and format it, its a different file system, you'll need gui format utility to convert it to usable format.
yes , it can't be format on the DVR but if im using on the stock 1.008 FW when i format the sd card what will be the custer size ,also 32kb ?

is 64GB really necessary. I think 16gb for me is fine. Most of what is recorded is useless anyways. If something interesting were to happens, I would just copy it to my pc when I get home. No need to search through 64gb of boring videos.

btw: anyone know how to transfer a video to tablet or phone in live view? I don't see the option anywhere.

vbx said:
is 64GB really necessary. I think 16gb for me is fine. Most of what is recorded is useless anyways. If something interesting were to happens, I would just copy it to my pc when I get home. No need to search through 64gb of boring videos.

btw: anyone know how to transfer a video to tablet or phone in live view? I don't see the option anywhere.
For me I need at least a 9 to 10hrs of clear video on the week days night time, that's the amount of times in the carpark which some vehicle might knock into my car and run away, I encountered this before which in spend almost usd300 + to patch it up. I want the highest resolution therefore I do not want some important event to be overwritten.

spoon said:
vbx said:

For me I need at least a 9 to 10hrs of clear video on the week days night time, that's the amount of times in the carpark which some vehicle might knock into my car and run away, I encountered this before which in spend almost usd300 + to patch it up. I want the highest resolution therefore I do not want some important event to be overwritten.

If you use a camera with parking mode it wont run continuously. It will only record when there is movement or a bump which will start it up Therefore you wont need 9 hours. Also what are you going to do if they hit the side or rear and the camera is looking out the front.

You need an external surveillance camera, not one located in the car.

Hillbilly said:
spoon said:
vbx said:

If you use a camera with parking mode it wont run continuously. It will only record when there is movement or a bump which will start it up Therefore you wont need 9 hours. Also what are you going to do if they hit the side or rear and the camera is looking out the front.

You need an external surveillance camera, not one located in the car.

What would be the recommended setting for the motion detection setting? And For parking g sensor I put 100% for all the 3 direction is it too much? Other than scratches on the side by mischievous person the most likely to happen for us in our country is coming from the front where some blur driver when parking or reversing their vehicles.
Since it wont run continuously then I will be happy to set it to the highest resolution and quality...

]
vbx said:

For me I need at least a 9 to 10hrs of clear video on the week days night time, that's the amount of times in the carpark which some vehicle might knock into my car and run away, I encountered this before which in spend almost usd300 + to patch it up. I want the highest resolution therefore I do not want some important event to be overwritten.[/quote]

You need an external surveillance camera, not one located in the car.[/quote]

What would be the recommended setting for the motion detection setting? And For parking g sensor I put 100% for all the 3 direction is it too much? Other than scratches on the side by mischievous person the most likely to happen for us in our country is coming from the front where some blur driver when parking or reversing their vehicles.
Since it wont run continuously then I will be happy to set it to the highest resolution and quality...[/quote]

Try settings and bump it and see

Also what sort of a carpark you keep it in Hard to advise with so little information

Hillbilly said:
]
vbx said:

Since it wont run continuously then I will be happy to set it to the highest resolution and quality...[/quote]

Perhaps if you put your location in your profile as you are requested we may have more idea of where you are coming from with this

Also what sort of a carpark you keep it in Hard to advise with so little information[/quote]

Yes I should check my profile setting, anyway I'm from Singapore where the parking is usually a few block away from our home, so anything happen we won't know until we go to collect our car, in Singapore we normally park rear in with the front pointing to the front.

Hillbilly said:
]
vbx said:

Perhaps if you put your location in your profile as you are requested we may have more idea of where you are coming from with this

Also what sort of a carpark you keep it in Hard to advise with so little information[/quote] just checked mine under parking mode it was recording every minute, is it because I set it too sensitive?

Parking mode detects both g motion, and visible motion. The visible is a bit of a pain in the bum. In my work car park, if I park nose out, every car that drives past during the day will be recorded, but nose in, only cars beside me or if a headlight congress near and presents like movement will be recorded.

tonymy01 said:
Parking mode detects both g motion, and visible motion. The visible is a bit of a pain in the bum. In my work car park, if I park nose out, every car that drives past during the day will be recorded, but nose in, only cars beside me or if a headlight congress near and presents like movement will be recorded.
Mine record every minute as what I have set... is is because of the g sensor I set to 100% as part if the reason?

What kind of visible motion is happening in front of the lens?
You didn't get my point, if you have motion detection set to even a small amount (not the G force one,I am talking about the other option), then any visible movement in the field of view of the camera will have recording (from ten seconds before the motion was detected). I have had to turn mine right down and hope the g-force being set nice and high will trigger if someone bumps into the front if my parked car, otherwise even my alarm led blinking and reflecting off the windscreen glass is enough to be detected as visible motion (near zero will mean only large detections of motion will trigger).

tonymy01 said:
What kind of visible motion is happening in front of the lens?
You didn't get my point, if you have motion detection set to even a small amount (not the G force one,I am talking about the other option), then any visible movement in the field of view of the camera will have recording (from ten seconds before the motion was detected). I have had to turn mine right down and hope the g-force being set nice and high will trigger if someone bumps into the front if my parked car, otherwise even my alarm led blinking and reflecting off the windscreen glass is enough to be detected as visible motion (near zero will mean only large detections of motion will trigger).
Yes I know what you mean because of the motion detection it will trigger the most recording,so I might need to set the motion detection to its lowest point or off it...might give it a try

Back