Compatible SD cards??

spoon said:
tonymy01 said:
What kind of visible motion is happening in front of the lens?
You didn't get my point, if you have motion detection set to even a small amount (not the G force one,I am talking about the other option), then any visible movement in the field of view of the camera will have recording (from ten seconds before the motion was detected). I have had to turn mine right down and hope the g-force being set nice and high will trigger if someone bumps into the front if my parked car, otherwise even my alarm led blinking and reflecting off the windscreen glass is enough to be detected as visible motion (near zero will mean only large detections of motion will trigger).
Yes I know what you mean because of the motion detection it will trigger the most recording,so I might need to set the motion detection to its lowest point or off it...might give it a try

My 350 which is in the rear window goes into parking mode after 10 mins of no car movement then shows as in parking mode.

If its in a supermarket car park it keeps recording as long as there is even a tree blowing or someone walking 50 M away.

The motion detection was set at 50% which is too high. I have reduced it to 25% and will see how it goes.

The G force is also set at 50% and havent tested it but will do so.

In my garage when I back in it keeps recording for the 10 mins and then stops recording After 1 hour it says Blackvue shutting down even though there has been no movement at all for 50 mins

You can turn of ALL LED's and nothing will show. All mine and all audio warnings are OFF ALL THE TIME

Hillbilly said:
spoon said:
tonymy01 said:
You didn't get my point, if you have motion detection set to even a small amount (not the G force one,I am talking about the other option), then any visible movement in the field of view of the camera will have recording (from ten seconds before the motion was detected). I have had to turn mine right down and hope the g-force being set nice and high will trigger if someone bumps into the front if my parked car, otherwise even my alarm led blinking and reflecting off the windscreen glass is enough to be detected as visible motion (near zero will mean only large detections of motion will trigger).
Yes I know what you mean because of the motion detection it will trigger the most recording,so I might need to set the motion detection to its lowest point or off it...might give it a try

My 350 which is in the rear window goes into parking mode after 10 mins of no car movement then shows as in parking mode.

If its in a supermarket car park it keeps recording as long as there is even a tree blowing or someone walking 50 M away.

The motion detection was set at 50% which is too high. I have reduced it to 25% and will see how it goes.

The G force is also set at 50% and havent tested it but will do so.

In my garage when I back in it keeps recording for the 10 mins and then stops recording After 1 hour it says Blackvue shutting down even though there has been no movement at all for 50 mins

You can turn of ALL LED's and nothing will show. All mine and all audio warnings are OFF ALL THE TIME
I turned all the led off so as not to alert people if they happen to knock my car thinking that it might be off. So that they might run away thinking they are safe or not breaking my wind screen to take away the camera..

tonymy01 said:

Turn the LED off then its in the settings

Interesting, when I tried to use the card on my laptop with BlackVue's included USB reader, it wouldn't work. The using another reader which I know I have used SDXC on before, it also wouldn't work. In both cases the reported properties was 0GB capacity 0GB used.

However, it did work my Dell Dual Xeon via a pricey Lexar USB 3.0 reader, reporting ~59GB capacity 2.5~GB used.

I didn't have much luck running an SDXC formatted to FAT32 in my Blackvue 500.

Back to SDHC 32GB.

I didn't have much luck running an SDXC formatted to FAT32 in my Blackvue 500.

Back to SDHC 32GB.

Where and what did you format it with Also if it is a fake card it wont work Use this to check it H2testw Google it

Reading your post again Did you format it in the Camera If so read the thread it tells you in many places not to do that

Reading your post again Did you format it in the Camera If so read the thread it tells you in many places not to do that[/quote]

If the sd card, placed in the Blackvue camera, does not have the BlackVue System Files on it, there is no way for you to stop the camera from formatting the sd card.
Blank card = Camera will format the card upon power up and install system files on it.
Card with files on it but not system files = Camera will reformat the card upon power up and install system files on it.

Last edited:
Hi,

The card is certainly, 100% genuine.

I formatted in it a Windows 7 PC.

It was blank though, when I put it in the Blackvue it seemed OK.

When I tried it in the PC again, it seemed OK.

But the more video footage that was saved to the card over time caused problems.

The Blackvue kept recording, but when I tried it again later in a PC to check footage, some worked, some didn't and then the PC just gave up on the card. I had to remove it and re-insert it.

Which then caused the PC to keep stating the card was not formatted and that it should be formatted.

But this could never be done, and it appeared the card was now scrap.

Hi,

The card is certainly, 100% genuine.

I formatted in it a Windows 7 PC.

It was blank though, when I put it in the Blackvue it seemed OK.

When I tried it in the PC again, it seemed OK.

But the more video footage that was saved to the card over time caused problems.

The Blackvue kept recording, but when I tried it again later in a PC to check footage, some worked, some didn't and then the PC just gave up on the card. I had to remove it and re-insert it.

Which then caused the PC to keep stating the card was not formatted and that it should be formatted.

But this could never be done, and it appeared the card was now scrap.

From what I have read, the 64gb card should not have been blank when you insert it into the camera. You are supposed to transfer the files & folders off the smaller card onto the 64gb card before using it.

Yeah, maybe that's what I did wrong.

oh well.

Ya.. i am running at 64GB class 10. The exact storage is 59GB. My cam is recording at 12mpbs, can capture 10 over + hour. So far so good.
But remember to format the 64Gb card to FAT file system set as 32KB cluster.

Thanks Dscheng. That worked. FAT32 btw. FAT is limited to 4Gig.

Regards
Duke

Glad to hear the 64GB worked.

To clarify your last post, are you saying to format the SD card using the computer and do not format it using the DVR?

Exactly If you do it in the camera it will format it as a 32gb card because it doesn't recognize anything bigger.

YOU SHOULD ALWAYS FORMAT IN A PC anyway as it does a better job than the camera.

Despite what some say on here.

Yeap, my dashcam has no ability to format.

Regards
Duke

Really? Have yet to see a dashcam without a format option

Expected from a cheapy smalles 720p dash cam. Had to open to focus it better too.

Regards
Duke

By default, SDXC cards are not supported. Blackvue recognizes FAT filesystem but not exFAT, the SDXC cards use.
So you need to reformat memory card. Microsoft is sure, that this kind of action is impossible. But it`s not.
All you need is a simple program like this:
http://www.softpedia.com/get/System/Har ... Tool.shtml
Just do not forget to set the cluster size to 32kb.

I formatted it in computer. First from exFAT to NTFS in Windows and then to FAT32 with Guiformat tool:
http://disk.yandex.com/public/?hash=DQ3 ... VARKCpQ%3D
At some stage it showed up like a 32GB card but no worry, Guiformat did the job.
Also be ready to use proper hardware - I used A-Data Expresscard cardreader.
And use the cluster size 32 kB (32768 B).

It shows free space something 59+ GB so I don`t see any reason Blackvue would behave differently than computer. Will give a look after a week - I usually drive only about 2 hours a day and it takes some time to fill the card.

Hi linni,

I want to format my Sandisk Ultra 64GB microSD for use in my Blackvue 500. So I have to use the HP USB Disk Storage Format Tool 2.2.3 to format it from exFAT to NTFS and then use the Guiformat to format it to FAT32 selecting the allocation unit size 32768?

If the 5-in-1 integrated digital media reader in my window 7 PC can display the properties of the 64GB SDXC microSD card (with adapter), does it means I can safely format it using this reader?

I just want to be very sure before I attempt the formatting so that I don't ruin the new SDXC card.

I'm using stock firmware 1.009.

Last edited:
I used MiniTool Partition Wizard to format mine to fat32 and select cluster size of 32k.

If your reader can read full size in exfat than should be fine as you can format it back.

Regards
Duke

Back